VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 AM

B2: Anti-idle string and activity light

When anti-idle string is sent tab activity light is changed to yellow.
My suggestion is to keep green light is such cases because anti-idle string is not payload.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure I agree. If you're sending an anti-idle string then that implies that the session has been idle for too long and it could be dropped and I think a "yellow" is appropriate to indicate that. The anti-idles are keeping the session up which implies it should be "green" since it's keeping the session alive but that doesn't make green an accurate indicator necessarily because you'd never know if you were getting idle messages. Of course, I'm assuming a bit here because I don't really know what the critieria is for turning the session "yellow". Can someone from VanDyke clarify please?
Old 03-17-2005, 02:31 PM

Looks to me like the session is yellow whenever it is not the active tab yet there has activity in the session.

In other words it is a notification that the screen may have changed since you last looked at it.

I think Vlad is suggesting that it not be set for anti-idle so the yellow actually represents data from the server that you may want to look at.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:32 PM

After re-reading some the threads here, I see what he means and I would agree with both of you guys on the anti-idle. Next time I'll try and understand a little bit better before commenting. I was way off on this one.