VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2005, 04:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to GregFlint
SecureFX feature requests - QuickSync and Change Directory

I find myself often going back to the same mutiple locations for quick sync's on a regular basis but only the most recently used one is remembered.

Similarly for transfers, I can find no way to remember various paths that I want to use on a regular basis.

What I would like to see is some way of saving the values of the five options (the 4 blanks and checkbox) of the quick sync with some associated name (similar to how I can name connections for the "connect" dialog).

Ditto for saving a list of "change-dir" paths that I could quickly select.

It would be helpful if a different change dir table would be associated with each connection (remote, plus the local session), but even a table that included directories for a mix of connections would be better than either trying to remember complex paths or chasing through the trees.

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:55 AM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi GregFlint,

Thank you for the feature requests.

Quote:
What I would like to see is some way of saving the values of the five options (the 4 blanks and checkbox) of the quick sync with some associated name (similar to how I can name connections for the "connect" dialog).

Ditto for saving a list of "change-dir" paths that I could quickly select.

It would be helpful if a different change dir table would be associated with each connection (remote, plus the local session), but even a table that included directories for a mix of connections would be better than either trying to remember complex paths or chasing through the trees.
Let me make sure that I understand your request. In reading through your message, it sounds like you want to add a couple history options that would be session specific.

In relation to the Quicksync functionality, you want to have a database of settings that can be identified and chosen by a user defined name.

You also want this same ability for changing to specific directory paths, rather than having to navigate through directory trees or specifying an initial directory path.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

-bocks
Old 05-12-2005, 01:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to GregFlint
I think you've got it. For example I often want to quick sync a couple of databases and some Word and Powerpoint files across several machines. I store them in the "same" directory (relative to the root directory on a given file system) so that I can sync without making errors. So I find myself doing a sync on directories:

\root\data\RCAC
\root\data\testing\new_rcac
\root\docs\gdf\personal
\root\docs\gdf\work
\root\archive\olddata\banking
\root\archive\pwrpnt

which means I spend a lot of time wading through trees on the local machine then cutting and pasting into the directory for the remote machine (which could be one of several) and then remembering to turn on or off the "include subdirectories" flag. So I would like to click the Quick Sync button and get a choice of Quick Sync sessions.

Similarly, I often find myself "cd-ing" to one of the above directories to get a file. It would be nice to be able to do a CTRL-G and get a list of either the most recent locations or a list of those I told it to save - and I would prefer the latter.

Thanks - Greg
Old 05-13-2005, 11:08 AM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi GregFlint,
Quote:
I think you've got it.
Great!

I will create a feature request for these abilities to be added to SecureFX.

If you can send a message to support@vandyke.com, I can add your contact information to this request. This would allow us to contact you if a future version of SecureFX has these abilities included.

Thanks,

-bocks