Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 06-18-2006, 08:19 PM

VSHELL w/ MidpSSH

Can Vshell work with Midpssh (http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/index.html). I tried it from a friend's blackberry and it complained about the public key being corrupt. They are using Vshell in windows so I turned off the public key authentication and was able to login via just the password. Then I copied the public key into a file on the server, by just doing a 'copy con publickey.txt' Then used a command in midpssh to output the public key. So I have the contents of the public key, but it will not read it correctly.

Another issue! When I do get connected via password authentication, I cannot do any commands such as run a batch file or actual dos executables. But, I can run 'dir' and 'cd' and 'md'. So how can I run commands once connected

I guess the question is again, is Vshell and Midpssh compatible? Anyone using these two programs with public key authentication working on windows platform?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:48 PM

Hi Fatone,

As long as the Midpssh client follows the SSH2 protocol, it should work fine with VShell.

I just need to get a little more information to find out what is happening.

Would it be possible to get a debug log file from VShell?

Debug logging can be enabled by selecting the 'Debug' option in the 'Logging' category in VShell's control panel in Windows.

If the log could show both the public key attempt and when the attempt is made to run commands on the server, it would be most helpful to find out why these are not working.

Which version of VShell is installed?

Could you also send me a copy of the exported publickey file?

Just send this information to support@vandyke.com with a subject of 'ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 1494'.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren