VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2005, 10:34 AM

My sessions not migrated on migration

I just upgraded to SecureFX 3.0 and SecureCRT 5.0. I choose to migrate my sessions and use a common config.

I first ran SecureFX but the sessions I'd added where name only. The property trees were empty. My folder was missing.

I deleted the new config directory and repeated the process using SecureCRT with the same results.

I then deleted the new config directory again and ran the migration tool from the command line with the same corrupted results.

I worked around the problem by deleting the new config directory again and running SecureFX. I had SecureFX NOT merge the configs with SecureCRT and this time I got a good result.

I then edited the registry entry for SecureCRT to point to the same directory and when I started it everything was ok.

Just thought you'd like to know about the problem and the workaround.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:44 PM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi Dana,

Thank you for letting us know about the problems that you observed in the migration/integration of SecureCRT 5.0 and SecureFX 3.0 during your upgrade, and sharing your work around with us.

This is something that we are looking into.

What I would like to do is get some additional information from you so that we can duplicate the conditions under which this problem appeared.

First, I would like to find out a little about your system set up before you upgraded.

Can you tell me what version of Windows, SecureCRT, and SecureFX you were running?

Were SecureCRT and SecureFX using the default Config locations, or were they user specified locations?

During the installation, both SecureFX and SecureCRT should have prompted for the installation directory (defaulting to the path that the older versions used). Did you install into the same directories as the old versions, or into new directories?

Can you tell me any changes that you made to the default installation options while you were installing?

This information should give us enough to get started and trying to reproduce this error.

If you do not feel comfortable posting this information to the Forums, please send the information to Support@vandyke.com with a subject of: Attn: Shannon Re: Forums thread ID 857

Thanks,

-bocks