VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2005, 01:54 PM

Function Keys busted after upgrade

Greetings,

Somewhere after SecureCRT Beta 1 (as near as i can remember) function keys broke for me.

I've got a program called "mc" (Midnight commander http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/). It relies on the function keys to operate.

Connecting to RedHat 9, CentOS 3.4, and Fedora Core 3 systems broke the use of function keys. Emulation is set for UTF-8 in all cases as the default.

I can never duplicate the fix, but changing emulation to "Default" and the font to "Terminal" sometimes fixes it (but makes ASCII line characters look really ugly). Sometimes emulation as "None" does the trick. But there's never one fix that does it for all my saved sessions.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to dcomo
rmount,

In the meantime, you can use the ESC+number to duplicate the functionality.
I agree that it is not as convienient as press F1, F2, etc., however it does work.
(ie. Press ESC, release then press 5 does a copy, etc.)

I personally don't use my function keys in MC as I have them mapped to other
things, so I use the ESC tactic for the functionality.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:06 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmount
Greetings,

Somewhere after SecureCRT Beta 1 (as near as i can remember) function keys broke for me.

I've got a program called "mc" (Midnight commander http://www.ibiblio.org/mc/). It relies on the function keys to operate.

Connecting to RedHat 9, CentOS 3.4, and Fedora Core 3 systems broke the use of function keys. Emulation is set for UTF-8 in all cases as the default.

I can never duplicate the fix, but changing emulation to "Default" and the font to "Terminal" sometimes fixes it (but makes ASCII line characters look really ugly). Sometimes emulation as "None" does the trick. But there's never one fix that does it for all my saved sessions.
If you set the emulation to Linux or Xterm, do the function keys work correctly? Also, on the Emulation page, is the "Select an alternate keyboard emulation" checked?

Maureen
Old 06-01-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
If you set the emulation to Linux or Xterm, do the function keys work correctly? Also, on the Emulation page, is the "Select an alternate keyboard emulation" checked?
I was already set at Linux with no alternate keyboard emulation set. Moving to Xterm made no difference.

So I switched back to Linux, checked then unchecked "alternate keyboard emulation" and the problem is gone for the particular profile i'm using. This "fix" seems about the same as my current "fix" which is to switch the encoding and display font around until i find a working combination. It's very strange.