Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 11-20-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hello Chris_h,

What do you mean by "root folder"?

Do you mean the upload/download directories?

If so, as noted in the SecureCRT Help topic Dialogs / Session Options Dialog / Terminal / Terminal/X/Y/Zmodem:

As mentioned earlier in this thread, there is an existing feature request for viewing a "live log", but you can enable tftp logging currently via an entry in the Global.ini file.

Note that SecureCRT should be closed when editing the Global.ini file.

The Global.ini file is stored in the configuration folder. The location of your installation's Configuration folder is found in the General category of SecureCRT's Global Options.
S:"Tftp Log File"=
to
S:"Tftp Log File"=C:\Path_to_log_file
This thread is now included in the following feature requests:
  • Make the TFTP server a global setting and/or controllable manually
  • Add some way to manage the TFTP server (unlock)
  • Add logging to the TFTP server
  • Add option to View menu to view live TFTP log
  • Display TFTP IP address to tab status bar

I will check with SecureCRT's product director regarding the above inquiry.
Thank you very much for your response. Somehow I wasnt able to find the information what the upload/download directories are in any document (I blame the wrong wording for this from my side )

Maybe I sounded more blaming than I intended in first place. When I read the feature list of version 7 and saw the addition of a TFTP server feature, I was expecting something similar to 3CDaemon or Solarwinds TFTP. My confusion was due to the fact that I couldnt even find an entry in the menu/options for this new feature.

I hope you guys will follow the suggestions and add a better manageability for a TFTP server.

Thanks and bye
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 AM

Taking it a different direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Personally, I love the idea of SecureCRT having a tFTP service internally. However, implementation is key. The implementation needs to feel fluid, not like an afterthought that was bolted on. The number of mouse-clicks to access it's features are key. I could easily see tFTP settings showing up in the Tools drop down; maybe even SecureFX as well.
When a co-worker pointed out that this is a feature, I thought it sounded pretty cool, hit some of the same walls and then started playing with it. I realized using another SecureCRT feature, the button bar, I could set up a button to call my 3C Daemon on demand, on any session (even serial) without leaving SecureCRT and get all of the gui and logs available in that. Not the same thing, but it accomplishes the same goal for me.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:14 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi satcomjimmy,

Thanks for posting the workaround suggestion. It's always nice to see the button bar functionality put to good use.

This thread has been added to a number of feature requests in the product enhancement database.

So that all the information is in one place, I have listed them here:
  • Display TFTP IP address to tab status bar
  • Add option to View menu to view live TFTP log
  • Add logging to the TFTP server
  • Add some way to manage the TFTP server (unlock)
  • Make the TFTP server a global setting and/or controllable manually
As always, if anyone prefers direct e-mail notification, contact support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #10454" in the subject line.

If only interested in specific ones listed above, please include that information.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 04-08-2015, 05:33 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to start and stop the TFTP server manually as well as options for starting the TFTP server at the global level (instead of at the session level) have been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. If you would be interested in trying it, please send email to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 02-22-2019, 10:20 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi all,

The ability to display the TFTP server's listen address in the status bar has been added to a pre-release version of SecureCRT.

If you would be interested in trying it, please send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "TFTP feature request" in the subject line. If not writing us from the email address associated with your VanDyke Software download account, please include it in the body of your email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730