Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 07-05-2005, 11:58 AM

Cool Backup Cisco VPN concentrator free script

Well MHCL seems to have been popular judging from the number of reads on that thread. MHCL used TFTP to copy configs off for CatOS, IOS & PixOS on Cisco devices. So far I have it running at 3 different companies I've worked at for the past year and they all love it. The auditors love it too. Not only the SOX auditors but turns out that Texas DIR has a similar requirement to ensure the backup of network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, etc). Good practice too and something I normally do before the auditors arrive anyway.

CatOS, PIXos & IOS are all command line driven. The Cisco VPN concentrators of the 3000 series, mine is a 3015 currently, come up in telnet with a menu so a slightly different approach of walking the menu is taken with this script. Similar to the MHCL program this one requires a file of all the IPs of the concentrators and a file for the passwords & logins for them. In order to co-exist with MHCL I named them differently in this version.

As before you'll have to have a running TFTP server handy to PUT the config to. You'll also need to make sure the VPN concentrator is set to allow telnet access, by default it isn't.

Filename construction is the same as MHCL; IP address with replacement of periods with underscore, device name.

Have fun!

Al
Attached Files
File Type: zip VPNconcentratorBackup.zip (3.0 KB, 2035 views)
Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM

Nice script. There is a slight change, not sure if it's with the platform (I'm running 3030's) or with the latest code (4.7.1), but 'File Management' is at 8. Easy fix though...

Change:
Menu 7 is for file management
crt.Screen.Send "7" & VbCr

To:
Menu 8 is for file management
crt.Screen.Send "8" & VbCr
Old 07-29-2005, 10:14 PM

Yeah, it's a code issue. The menu hierarchy/structure has changed many of times over the years on the VPN30xx chassis.

-mekanik