Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 11:55 PM

full screen & line wrap toggle

I just installed 6.6b4 on OS X 10.6 and have 3 suggestions to make:

- was looking for an easier way to toggle full screen mode (maybe a "Restore" button alongside the tabs bar) - While "connected to Local Shell" I pressed the "Esc" key twice thinking it would do the trick, but instead, I get this printed on the screen:

Display all 1289 possibilities? (y or n)

- In Session Options > Emulation Modes > Line Wrap (checkboxes) and Enable line wrap mode switching" how does that actually work - I would prefer something alongside the "Window" menu to toggle the "line wrap" feature because I spend lots of my time reading live (with tail -f) & static system log files that have lines of varying lengths - it would be nice to turn on/off that particular feature. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

That's about it for now, I am paying for a license once my trial period ends. I use SecureCRT for Windows, and now for OS X - for my SSH access and built-in SOCKS5 proxy support needs, it does the job very well.

Thanks for the port!

best regards,

Steve
Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Steve,

It is possible to toggle full screen mode using Command+Enter.

Does this meet your needs?

As a note, I have created a feature request to add the ability to toggle full screen mode from the context (right+click) menu.

Here is an excerpt from the help files that describes what Line Wrap mode is:
Quote:
Line wrap

Check this option to have any characters received when the cursor is at the right margin be displayed on the next line. The right margin is defined by the number of logical columns. If Line wrap is not selected, any characters received when the cursor is at the right margin will be displayed just to left of the right margin, replacing the current character displayed there. By default, Line wrap mode is selected.
If you want to prevent the remote from changing this setting, you will need to disable Enable line wrap mode switching.

I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add the ability to toggle the Current Line Wrap mode. Should a future release of SecureCRT have this capability, we will post to this forum thread.

If you would like to be notified directly regarding either feature request, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730

Last edited by rtb; 09-20-2010 at 12:44 PM.