Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 05:42 PM

Prevent message window in SecureFX?

I am a new user of SecureFX (Versions 6.5 and 6.6). The primary reason for using SecureFX for me is that SecureFX automatically re-connects to SSH2 sessions with the "keyboard-interactive" authentication method when internet connectivity is not good.

When I loose my internet connectivity, e.g., during nightly uploads, the following warning message pops up:

"File transfer terminated by server abnormally. The operation was aborted because the channel closed."

Most importantly, this message has basically no meaning and/or reduces functionality of SecureFX since the program automatically re-connects and continues with the interrupted file upload.

At times, however, I have 4-5 such pop-ups on my screen (in the morning) and wonder how to get rid of them. Is there any option in SecureFX to prevent this warning message?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:26 AM

Hello kleinhev,

There is not currently a way of suppressing the popup error messages, but given your usage scenario I can see why you don't care to know about the error. I've added your post to our request database and if we add the ability to suppress popup errors in a future release we'll post a follow up message here. If implemented and you would like direct e-mail notification as well, please let us know and refer to forum thread 6323.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 03-29-2013, 09:34 AM

For those who follow this thread, SecureFX 7.1 supports suppressing popup messages. As of late March 2013, SecureFX 7.1 is available as beta release. When SecureFX 7.1 becomes the current official release you'll find it here.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]