Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM

Queue behaviour: how to upload and download at the same time?

Hi,

I'm using SecureFX 6.0. If I add both a file download and a file upload to the same host to the queue, how do I get them to run at the same time?
I've got the same question about downloads from different hosts.

I'm also having an issue with old finished entries filling up the queue window. Is there a way to reverse the order such that new entries appear the top instead of at the bottom?
And/or maybe an option to automatically remove old entries?
Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Olaf,

Parallel transfers can be accomplished by disabling the 'Transfer Queue' from the SecureFX 'View' menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf van der Sp
Is there a way to reverse the order such that new entries appear the top instead of at the bottom?
Changing the listing order of the Transfer Queue is not currently possible in SecureFX. I have entered a feature request regarding this behavior and we will post here in the event that this functionality is made available.

If you would like to be contacted personally, feel free to contact us with your request and a reference to this forum thread (2948).

It is possible to manually remove completed items from the transfer queue by bringing up the right-click context menu and selecting 'Remove Finished' option.

Is this information useful in accomplishing what it is you are looking to do?
Old 05-21-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnette
Hi Olaf,

Parallel transfers can be accomplished by disabling the 'Transfer Queue' from the SecureFX 'View' menu.
That's a weird location for such a setting.
Quote:
It is possible to manually remove completed items from the transfer queue by bringing up the right-click context menu and selecting 'Remove Finished' option.
I'm aware of that option.
I guess I'll just disable the transfer queue.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:21 AM

Hi Olaf,

I have also added your comments to our feature request database regarding the ability to specify a parallel transfer with the transfer queue.

We will let post here in the event that this feature is implemented as well.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:37 PM

I'd like to second what Olaf said - enabling/disabling the queue by going to the View menu makes absolutely no sense. Toggling that option in the View menu should show or hide the Transfer Queue, not enable or disable it. If I told you that unchecking "Local Window" from the view menu would disable access to local file system you'd think I was crazy.

Also once you've started a transfer and it's in the queue there is no way to enable a second one (or disable the queue). You have to cancel all transfers and then hide the Transfer Queue window.

The bizarre behavior of the Transfer Queue makes even less sense when you consider the "Suspend transfer of queued items" setting in Global Options > File Transfer > Options > Advanced. Some UI consistency here is really needed.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:07 AM

Hi cfg,

I have updated the feature request entry per your comments.

As mentioned previously, we will post here in the event that this behavior is implemented in a future release of SecureFX.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:59 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to do parallel transfers when using the transfer queue has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureFX. If you would be interested in trying it, please send e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen