Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM

SecureFX Tabs Question

Hi Forum.

Apologies if this is in the wrong area, but I have just loaded up SecureCRT and SecureFX Version 6.5.0 (build 324) - Beta Release - October 1, 2009.

Looks great but I do have one question.

In SecureCRT, I goto Global Options, Terminal, Tabs, and I select to "Show status indicators as icons". This works great in SecureCRT, but it seems these settings do not get picked up by SecureFX. The Tabs simply remain the same no matter what I select.

I suppose this might be a feature request; nothing major, just a nice to have.

Regards,
Casman.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:23 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Casman,

I am sorry to hear about the confusion regarding the Global Options dialog.

The Terminal category in the Global Options dialog controls SecureCRT functionality, and the File Transfer category controls SecureFX functionality.

I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT/FX development database to clarify what each category controls.

Should a future release of SecureCRT/FX be more clear, we will post to this forum thread. If you would like to be notified directly, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Feature Request in Forum Thread #4065.

With regards to the appearance of the tabs in the Terminal / Tabs category is fairly specific to a terminal session.

What type of labels would you like to see on the SecureFX tabs?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 10-05-2009, 05:28 PM

Hello Todd.

What I did was goto Global Options, Tabs, set the Tab Appearance, Status Indicator as 'Background Colors'. This works fine in SecureCRT.

When I go into SecureFX, this change does not get picked up.

I then set it in SecureFX Global Options, but the setting seems to be ignored, the Tab Appearance does not reflect the setting.

No biggie, just a little inconsistency in the appearance.

Other than that, it's just fantastic.

Regards,
Casman.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 AM

Hi Casman,

I should have been more clear in my previous post. Regardless of whether you make the change to the Terminal / Tabs category in SecureFX or SecureCRT, the changes will only be applicable to SecureCRT. The Terminal category and all subsequent categories are specific to SecureCRT. The File Transfer category and all subsequent categories are specific to SecureFX.

Does this help to clarify why you are seeing this behavior?

The settings are specifically different because of the differences between interaction with a remote server via a shell and transferring files.

What kind of status indicators would you like to see on SecureFX tabs?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 10-08-2009, 05:23 PM

Hi Todd.

I was just thinking it might be nice if the tabs in SecureFX could be set to the same types of settings as in SecureCRT.

For example, if SecureCRT is set to show the Tabs as Colored Backgrounds, then SecureFX could show the same types of Tabs.

No biggie, just an observation.

Regards,
Casman.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 AM

Hi Casman,

In a SecureCRT terminal window it is possible to be connected, disconnected, receive new input, and to be inactive. This makes sense for a SecureCRT tab.

In SecureFX there is a connected, and disconnected state, but there is not an inactive or new input state. This is why the colored tabs are only available to SecureCRT.

Are you indicating that you would like to have something similar to SecureCRT so that you can determine the state of the SecureFX tab (e.g. connected, disconnected, transferring file, done transferring file), or do you just want to be able to change the aesthetic appearance of the tabs?

With this information I hope to be able to accurately capture the feature you would like to see in SecureFX.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 10-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Hi Todd.

Yes, that is exactly what I would like to see.

I am frequently pushing out files to a number of servers concurrently and it would be great if I could see the status of the transfers by simply looking at the Tabs to see the status.

Regards,
Casman.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 AM

Hi Casman,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have created a feature request on your behalf in our SecureFX development database to add status indicators to the SecureFX tabs.

Should a future release of SecureFX have this capability, we will post to this forum thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please send an email to support@vandyke.com with a subject of Attn: Feature Request in Forum Thread #4065.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730