Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 10-12-2018, 06:45 PM

Assigning a hotkey to a script outwith a session

Hi There,

I have a logon script which works (great), I am now looking to be able to launch this with a simple hotkey.

I understand I can set this through default session > terminal > emulation > mapped keys. However this only works if I already have a session open.

I'd like to have a keyboard global keyboard shortcut, like the default alt + q (for quick connect) which works regardless of whether you have a session open.

any help would be appreciated,

thank you
Old 10-13-2018, 11:12 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Connor,

SecureCRT does not currently support "global" hot keys.

I have recorded your interest in this functionality in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so the product director can evaluate it for inclusion in a future release. Should a version of SecureCRT that support this feature be released we will be sure to let you know via this thread. If you would like to contacted directly please send an email to Support@VanDyke.com with "Feature Request Forum Post 13288" in the subject line.

In the meantime, the Button Bar may fit your needs. Enabling the Button Bar is done via the main View drop down menu. Once enabled it will appear on the bottom of the SecureCRT window. Right clicking on the button bar and pressing New Button will allow you to create a custom button to launch your script, amongst other options.

We have created a video demonstrating the use of SecureCRT's Button Bar that you may find helpful.

Does this help get you the functionality you're looking for?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-13-2018, 06:42 PM

darn that is a shame,

I already have buttons setup but I am trying to Integrate my secure crt logon script with my autohotkey and python scripts.

I will look into simulating/automating a mouse click on a SCRT button within autohotkey.

thanks for replying.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:05 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Connor,

I can absolutely see how you would like this functionality.

Another option may be to use the built in accelerators. Alt-s will open the main Script drop down menu, you can then press the number 1 to launch the most recently ran script. Alt-s then 2 for the second most recently run script, etc...

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-17-2018, 02:38 AM

Hey, I used alt + s and 1 and it works perfectly with my autohotkey script!, thanks for your help I really appreciate it.