Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 09-28-2018, 03:45 AM

Question Issuing list of commands

Hi,
I'm using SecureCRT 8.5.1 (x64 build 1764) Official Release on Windows 10. There is a session I'm using to connect to a hop-server, through which I'm connecting to different Cisco customer edge routers in the network. I'm already using the "SaveSelectionToFile.py" script with a button, in order to save running configuration.

During the preparations for the task I'm going to perform, I'm manually issuing mostly the same list of commands one after the other and recording it's output in a file (e.g. for troubleshooting purposes).

Is there a way to apply these commands one at the time by a script and get the output automatically? Please be as detailed as possible in your answer, because I am still not sure how the things are working
Thank you very much in advance!
Old 09-28-2018, 08:11 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi SchwabenGeiz,

Yes, there's a script for that!

See this forum post for the specific script examples I think will help you to accomplish your objective.

It's the RunCommandsOnMultipleHostsAndLogResults.py.txt attachment to the forum post.

There's ##hosts.txt and ##commands.txt example files in the forum post as well.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 AM

Hi bgagnon,

I have asked you to "be as detailed as possible in your answer, because I am still not sure how the things are working".
That's why your answer isn't really sufficient to me.

I sent email to support with detailed description and screenshots.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:09 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi SchwabenGeiz,

I am not sure we received your email.

There are many comments contained within the example script to explain its usage.

If you feel that script will help you with your goal, what is still unclear about usage of the script?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-02-2018, 12:44 AM

Question

Hi Brenda,

well, I thought I could get a ready-to-use solution, without reading all the 134 replies to the example script and experimenting for hours with all the possible error messages! Not to mention that I don't have time to do it.

Maybe my expectation is wrong and that isn't part of the customer service and the scripts are kind of try and fail experiments for the customers who have enough time and enthusiasm to try it out. If so, please excuse my mistake.

Otherwise, if it would be possible, where should I send the email and what should the subject line contain, in order you to receive it and answer? The email I sent is containing exact procedure how I am logging into the router with screenshots - which I do not want to publish in the forum.

Thank you in advance and excuse my english!