Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 10-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Python interpreter in Secure CRT

Hello,

how can i use python interpreter in SecureCRT. Basically i want to test the python module that is available in secure CRT. if it is ubuntu VM or MAC terminal i do python and it will take me to the python interpreter and i can test it. Similar to that do you have anything in build python interpreter in secureCRT to load your module.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:53 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi kotda910,

SecureCRT does not currently support the use of a third-party Python interpreter. I have captured a feature request on your behalf to add this support.

Feature requests are typically prioritized based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the number of requests and the amount of implementation work required.

Should a future release of SecureCRT include this functionality, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include ***Feature Request - Forum Thread #13956*** in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 10-30-2019, 09:22 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi kotda910,

I think I may have jumped the gun on the feature request that I submitted for you. Upon re-reading your original questions, it sounds like you are asking for the ability to import and use python modules which use SecureCRT's scripting API and that you would like an interactive Python console.

Does that sounds more accurate?

SecureCRT doesn't have an external script python interface/module. Script interpretation can only be done within SecureCRT -- you cannot run a python script external to SecureCRT that then drives SecureCRT through any type of API/module interface; such an interface does not exist. SecureCRT's scripting interface is only available from within SecureCRT -- it's not available externally to other apps or processes.

We will be sure to post here if the ability to import and use python modules which use SecureCRT's scripting API is added and/or if an interactive Python console is added in a future release of SecureCRT.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include ***Feature Request - Forum Thread #13956*** in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730