Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Notices

Old 09-30-2015, 01:52 PM

Re-mapping the keypad "="

SecureCRT 7.3 for Mac
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5
Apple keyboard w/keypad

Hi,

I’m trying to remap the “=“ key on the keypad in order to emulate the VT220 PF2 function, using the Keycap Editor (Map a Key…). I can get it to work the way that I would like, however, that mapping also changes the usage of the “=“ key on the keyboard, which is a problem.

It looks like both the keyboard “=“ and the keypad ‘=“ have the same value of “EQUAL” in the Keyboard Combination field on the Map Selected Key Screen. I generated a .KEY file, but I didn’t seen any other name in the resulting list that would be valid for the keypad field I’m trying to change.

Is there a way for me to re-map the keypad “=“, without affecting the other “=“ key?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find much on VT220 keyboard mapping.

thanks.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:44 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi LeeGoom,

Have you configured VT220 as your emulation in the Terminal / Emulation category of Session Options?

If so, are you saying F2 does not function as expected even with VT220 as the emulation?

Even so, if a custom keymap is needed, I'm a little confused why you are trying to map the functionality to the = key. Why not map it to the F2 key?

As a side note, just because it is one less *file* to have to manage, our recommendation is to create custom keymaps via the Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys category of Session Options. Then, if it's a keymap you wish to use with many or all sessions, you can use these tips from our website to configure it across sessions:

https://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/defaultset.html
https://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/multisessions.html

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730