Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 03-15-2019, 08:57 AM

change firewall setting in session folder

HI guys

I have a bunch of sessions in my session folder, and all of my sessions in this folder had a firewall setting which you guys know is ssh port forwarding.

However, my network environment has changed, I need to get rid of the firewall setting for all my sessions. So that I right click on my session folder select properties, then I change firewall into none. I thought that's it.

After I'm done, I'm trying to connect to my sessions. I got a prompt "this firewall NONE was not found in the database This session will attempt to connect without a firewall" is there any way to disable the prompt?
Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi kingzleshe,

I am trying to replicate the behavior that you are describing, but have been unable to do so.

What version of SecureCRT are you running (Help > About SecureCRT) and what operating system are you running SecureCRT on?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-15-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdmann View Post
Hi kingzleshe,

I am trying to replicate the behavior that you are describing, but have been unable to do so.

What version of SecureCRT are you running (Help > About SecureCRT) and what operating system are you running SecureCRT on?
Hi berdmann
I'm using the lasted version of SecureCRT and windows 10 version 1809 ZH-CN.

There is another thing I think I must motion about that I named my folder by Chinese. I only change the setting of parent-folder, but all of the sessions in the sub-folder.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:38 PM

Hi kingzleshe,

If you open the session properties belonging to one of "child" sessions in the folder, is the Firewall set to "none"?

Can you please provide a detailed, step-by-step, set of instructions to replicate the behavior?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM

Hi berdmann
The "child" sessions already have the NONE value. Otherwise, SecureCRT wouldn't prompt the message, when I connecting session.

For more detailed, I'm using "Dependent Session" functionality before,I do not need it right now.
I mean SecureCRT shouldn't consider NONE as a firewall value and search it in the database. it does not make any sense, does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHOVTuv-LKY&t=27s
vandyke software channel on youtube
Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Hi kingzleshe,

Yes, that is strange. I still have not been able to replicate this behavior. After making the change to "None" by editing the parent folder and connecting to one of the "child" sessions, I was able to connect without seeing the "this firewall NONE was not found in the database" message that you have described.

Can you please send a trace log of the connection attempt and the session.ini file corresponding to the "child" session that you logged? Please send this data to support@vandyke.com with ATTN: Brittney, Forum Post 13448 in the subject field?

Your session.ini files live within your Config folder. The path to which can be determined in Options > Global Options > Configuration Paths. Please redact any sensitive data, such as passwords.

Please also attach a trace log of your connection attempt:

- Launch SecureCRT and open SecureCRT's main "File" menu and select the "Trace Options" menu item.

- Open the "File" menu again and choose "Log Session..."
--> Specify a path to your Desktop folder and a name of the log file, such as SCRT_Log.txt. For example: %APPDATA%\..\..\Desktop\SCRT_Log.txt

- Now attempt your connection again.

- Go to your Desktop folder and locate the SCRT_Log.txt file. Please send the SCRT_Log.txt file to me as an attachment to your reply. Please don't paste the contents into the forums!

This process is depicted in our YouTube video, "Trace Options Debug Logging in SecureCRT" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzEUhvxKvyY

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Hi berdmann
I believe I have found what causes this problem.

After I rebooting my computer the prompt issue has been gone (I wasn't thinking of trying that before )
I also trying to replicate it. After many times attempt the prompt issue comes back. Only if I change the firewall value to jumphost and NONE repeatedly.

Maybe just because there are so many sessions and SecureCRT need some time to work within the background.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM

Hi kingzleshe,

I am glad to hear that you were able to get to the bottom of it!

Generally, when making a change such as this in SecureCRT, the change should go into effect as soon as it is made.

If you want to continue troubleshooting the issue with us, please send the requested information to support@vandyke.com.

If not, have a lovely rest of your day!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-15-2019, 01:54 PM

Thanks, man, but continue troubleshooting wouldn't be necessary
Old 03-15-2019, 02:23 PM

Hi kingzleshe,

I was finally able to replicate the behavior that you described and have submitted a bug report to have the issue investigated.

Have a great day!

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-16-2019, 07:32 AM

Hi berdmann
well done
Old 04-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Hi kingzleshe,

Our Dev team believes this issue to be resolved in a recent build of SecureCRT.

Can you please send an email to support@vandyke.com, with "ATTN Brittney, Forum Post 13448" in the subject field, so that I can provide you with a link to install and test the new build.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730