Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 02-08-2008, 07:31 AM

Unhappy SCRT Window moved off screen

After logging into my server through RDP, to continue using a SecureCRT 6.0 Session, the SecureCRT Window has moved all the way to the top of the screen. SCRTs Title-Bar is now offscreen, and the window cannot be moved anymore. The only thing that can be done is to resize the window. Right-Clicking on SecureCRT in the taskbar and selecting "Move" won't help either, the window can't be moved anymore.

Other Programs solve this by not allowing the Title-Bar to go off-screen, and I haven't had this issue at all using an older version of SecureCRT.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the registry keys where SecureCRTs window startposition is saved, so I was hoping someone here could help me, and to maybe add the feature that the Window can't be moved "Off-Screen" anymore.

I'll try to take a Screenshot to make things more clear, in case my explanation isn't too helpful.

Thanks in Advance for any help regarding this issue.

Ediit: I was able to move it using arrow keys, task bar -> right click on securecrt -> move -> use arrow keys to move the window
exo

Last edited by exo; 02-08-2008 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Exo,

If I understand correctly, you are attempting to run SecureCRT on the machine to which you have an active RDP session.

Is this correct?

If so, could you please send screenshots as you mentioned?
You may need to send them via e-mail to support@vandyke.com. If you do this please reference this forum thread in the subject (2740).
Also, if you enable the 'Save window state for each session' option in the 'Terminal' category of the 'Global Options' dialog, are you able to position the window as desired and have SecureCRT save the window position next time you open the session?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 AM

Type Alt-Spacebar, and then immediately M. Then, use the arrow keys (not the mouse) and move the window back.

This is one of those old Windows tricks.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 AM

MrC: I wasn't aware that one is able to move the Window with cursor keys, with that I was able to move the window backon my desktop

Kevin:

I connected to an active session through RDP, RDP using a different resolution than the active session. This lead to the problem that the SecureCRT window was moved too high up.

Logging in on the server directly, SecureCRT was then still off screen, and I was able to get it back using what MrC posted before me.

I've attached a screenshot to make it more clear (sorry for the size).

When moving the window by hand, the SecureCRT window won't go offscreen like that, it's through RDP that this happened. Moving it with arrow keys fixed my issue.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi exo,

Thanks for the added information. I am glad that MrC's advice was helpful.