Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 05-17-2018, 10:19 AM

crt.Session.SetStatusText() Performance

Hi all,

I have a script that imports thousands of sessions to SecureCRT. When running, I update crt.Session.SetStatusText() on each sessions with a % information. However, I have noticed that most of the time when my script runs it slows down.

I have added timers to all parts of my loop and it looks like crt.Session.SetStatusText() takes longer and longer as the script progresses. Has anyone else noticed a performance impact when running lots of SetStatusText updates?

The attached screenshot shows the evolution of the time required for the command to complete as it iterates through the loop. It is lightning fast at the beginning but as the number of iterations increase it can take up to 600 ms for it to complete. It was done by measuring time just before and just after crt.Session.SetStatusText(). If I remove the crt.Session.SetStatusText() command, the script runs fast again so it is clearly it slowing things down.

Running SecureCRT 8.3.3 on High Sierra.

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 17.15.00.png (39.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-17-2018, 10:44 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi ngrison,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Is this still with SecureCRT 8.3.2 on OS X as indicated in your previous thread?

To get a better idea of what is happening, it would be beneficial if we could review the script you are running. Are you able to provide a copy of the full script? Please redact any sensitive information and either attach the file to a forum post or email it to Support@VanDyke.com for review.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-17-2018, 11:14 AM

Hi Eric,

In fact I upgraded to 8.3.3 earlier today before doing the measurements so this post is based on 8.3.3. I will email the script, it's a complicated one. Thank you.