Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 05-11-2018, 05:03 AM

Feature Request

I have come across a scenario when you have a lot of servers using different Radius based authentication and when the radius password is changed, you have to update the password on every single session.

I would like to suggest whether you guys would consider having an option to save "password groups" so the user will have an option to assign the password from a drop-down "group" under the session for a specific session. This will allow the user to only update the password once and all the associated sessions with the specific "password group" will then use the updated password.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:24 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi nish,

I have recorded your idea in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Should a version of SecureCRT become available with this feature, we will be sure to let you know. If you would like to be contacted directly please send an email to Support@VanDyek.com with "Feature Request Form Post 13106" in the subject line.

That being said, we may be able to help you get the behavior you're looking for. It is currently possible to modify the settings, including password, for multiple sessions at the same time. You can multi-select sessions in the session manager by using the standard CTRL-Click or Shift-Click behavior, once you've selected all the sessions you would like to modify, right click and choose Properties. You should see a confirmation dialog indicating how many sessions you be modifying. You can then make and save changes for all the selected sessions at once. Right clicking and choosing Properties on a folder will modify the settings for all sessions in that folder.

Does this help make password changes a little more manageable?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-11-2018, 02:57 PM

Hello Nish,

from a user perspective I think your idea is very difficult to handle and I am even more curious how this could be technically implemented by the developers.

I had once the similar problem and solved it by organizing my session profiles in a proper folder structure. So I can confirm that Eric's suggested solution is quite straightforward and also worked for me.

Just my personal thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Frank

PS: I am an ordinary user of SecureCRT and I am not affiliated with VanDyke Software.

Last edited by flohse; 05-11-2018 at 03:01 PM.