Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 AM

Logon Script help.

Hi

I am not looking for a fancy VB solution here. I am using the net use command to map a shared folder on the network to the users machine. I have a folder called users on the network. In that folder, there are different users. I want users to have their network drives connected when they login to any computer on the network. For that I have already done their profiles in AD and that seems to be working fine. she get their desktop settings etc.

All other network drives work and connect fine apart from this users folder drive. It asks for the password. what I've tried so far is to use the following command in the batch file but it doesnt do the job

net use y: \\servername\users\%username%

I understad that its asking me for password becasue of security settings on the folder but is nt there a way to overcome this?

after I run this file, it asks me to put the password for t the user. Even if I put the admin password, it doesnt accepts it, never mind the actual user password.

What I want to ask is if there is a way to overcome this problem so that net use command automatically connects the drive to the users machine. It works with all the other drives, just not this one.

Thanks guys.

Amer.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 AM

Thanks guys, I have found a solution myself.