Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 09-30-2005, 12:42 PM

Exclamation New to SFTP scripting

I've used SecureFX since 2003, but have never needed to use SFTP until now. I've now been tasked with creating an automated file transfer. I've established a SFTP session, named TEMP, to a remote server, exchanged keys and have manually tested a file transfer. Now, however, I'm trying to create either a batch file, or incorporate this session into a vbs script. This is what I have so far:
SFXCL.exe /S "/FTP Sites/TEMP" "C:\temp\test.txt" "/test.txt"

However, when I try and excecute this in a batch, it says '/FTP Sites/TEMP' was not found in the session database. What am I missing? Did the install not go correctly, so any session you start, you can't use for this?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hi mnman66,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnman66
I've used SecureFX since 2003, but have never needed to use SFTP until now. I've now been tasked with creating an automated file transfer. I've established a SFTP session, named TEMP, to a remote server, exchanged keys and have manually tested a file transfer. Now, however, I'm trying to create either a batch file, or incorporate this session into a vbs script. This is what I have so far:
SFXCL.exe /S "/FTP Sites/TEMP" "C:\temp\test.txt" "/test.txt"

However, when I try and excecute this in a batch, it says '/FTP Sites/TEMP' was not found in the session database. What am I missing? Did the install not go correctly, so any session you start, you can't use for this?
When you specify the session with the /S flag, you do not need to use the /FTP Sites entry, just the session itself:

SFXCL.exe /S "/TEMP" "C:\temp\test.txt" "/test.txt"

Can you try this and let me know how it works for you?

Thanks,

-bocks
Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 AM

Talking

Well, actually I called support and got the following answer for my problem, which works:

SFXCL.exe C:\temp\test.txt /S TEMP /test.txt >testtrans.log

I was told the same thing, that if you create a session, it's a "given" that the Ftp Sites directory is the home directory. If I had created a folder within that and called it TEMP, then had temp session within the TEMP folder, then I would have had to specify : /TEMP/temp