VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 PM

Request features for tabbed interface

Browsers that support tabbed interfaces, like FireFox, are able to give a warning when closing a window with multiple tabs open, because people occasionally close the whole window when they intended to close only the current tab. (Of course, this warning can be disabled.) This would be very helpful in CRT, especially since the consequences of closing the whole window are greater than with a browser.

I often start a number of tabs with batch processes running in each, and wait until one is complete. This requires cycling through the tabs. It would be nice if (a) a background tab could be made to flash or change color when it has received output, and/or (b) the scripting API allowed one to write a script to do this.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:47 PM

Mine does give a warning when closing a window with multiple tabs... "Do you wish to disconnect from all sessions?". I believe this is standard on the latest beta.

The tabs do change color when output changes. I believe right now Green means no new output and Blue means new output. There's a poll on which colors you like better elsewhere in the forum.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRoth
Browsers that support tabbed interfaces, like FireFox, are able to give a warning when closing a window with multiple tabs open,
Yep, it's Global Options - General - Show Confirm Disconnect Dialog.

Quote:
It would be nice if (a) a background tab could be made to flash or change color when it has received output, and/or (b) the scripting API allowed one to write a script to do this.
Global Options - Terminal - Tabs. You can even customize the colors you want to show.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to dcomo
Toloughlin,

The functionality that you speak of is actually only in the SCRT 5.0 interim builds. Remember that a majority of the beta testers are not running this build, as they are running beta 4, which lacks this functionalty.

For those who don't have the current functionality listed in the previous post(s), beta 5 (which should be along shortly) will answer all of your questions.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:43 PM

Yep, forgot to preface my comments with the build / version number.

Whoops.

.....Tom
Old 05-08-2005, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcomo
The functionality that you speak of is actually only in the SCRT 5.0 interim builds.
I'm using Beta 4, but I believe I already have these features as well...unless I'm reading his request completely wrong...
Old 05-09-2005, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to dcomo
Cyber,

The tab preferences were not available in beta 4. Beta 5 should be along this week, which will offer the ability to customize the tab notification colors, the size of the notifier, etc.