VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2005, 02:29 AM

Full Screen Mode is attacking!

Alright something seems wrong here...

I wanted to test out full screen mode so I opened a session and selected View>Full Screen.

Ok that's cool. Now how do I leave? hmmm... No idea what buttons to push, and all that's visible is the tab bar. There don't seem to be any context menu items that allow me to leave full screen mode (Problem 1). I assume there's a key combo, but without knowing it I have no way out of full screen mode except to Alt+F4 the program.

Restart SecureCRT and thankfully it's not in Full Screen mode, so my menus are back. View>Full Screen isn't selected so I should be OK, right? Wrong...open up a session and full screen mode is back! Argh! And since there's no key combo listed in the View menu, I still don't know how to make it go away!

So there seem to be multiple problems here...

-First of all, FSM needs some sort of interactive item (context menu or button) that allows you to get out of it without knowing a key combo.
-If there IS a key combo it should probably be listed in the View menu so the user can make a mental note of it.
-Even though after closing SecureCRT it restarts in regular mode, opening a session jumps back to FSM. Still not sure how to actually get my regular session back...

(Using Beta 4).
Old 05-06-2005, 07:08 AM

Try using ALT-ENTER to switch between full screen and not. I believe this is to be found under help if you search for full screen. Can also use ALT-V to display the View menu when in full screen.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to dcomo
Cyberdog,

I had actually ran into this very same problem a few weeks ago. A collegue had used my machine and had 'accidentally' clicked the View -> Full Screen menu item. When I came back to my office, they were struggling to find out how to return it back to normal.

Using the old Windows standard ALT+ENTER, I was able to get things back to normal. In a previous post, I had requested that the shortcut key combo be added to the 'View' drop menu so that you will get a visual clue if you happen to click it. Thinking about it now, a toolbar button may be a good idea as well, however I don't think the latter would make it into the initial build of SCRT 5.0.
(Thinking about it more... A right-click option may be better instead of a toolbar button and would be much easier to implement.)
Old 05-08-2005, 10:24 PM

Good to see I'm not the only one! Yes, Alt+Enter fixes the problem. I think a context menu item is definitely in order. Adding it to the View menu is also a good idea IMO.