Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 11-16-2014, 09:37 AM

SecureCRT console session does not communicate with the router through Console access

Hi all

I have a licensed SecurCRt ver 6.1.4 and trying to connect to the router 2951 using console through the Ethernet to router and then serial to USB adapter then to my laptop

On the Secure CRT it I am selecting serial then Baud rate 9600 port com3 RTS/CTS is selected only data bts 8. Parity None stop bits 1 Serial break liength 100 and on the secureCRT I see the green line in the connection session TAB which to me I understadn that the session is established but I do not see any data or any thing in the window so there is no traffic comieng from the router

Can you please suggest any solution pls

Thank you

Abdul
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello Abdul,

I responded to your email.

Serial connections are extremely reliant on configuring the exact parameters the device expects.

The described behavior is usually indicative of one of these options being incorrect:
  • Baud rate
  • Flow control

RTS/CTS is hardware flow control and was the default prior to SecureCRT version 7.2. As of v7.2, the default was changed to none:

Changes in SecureCRT 7.2 (Beta 1) -- October 8, 2013
----------------------------------------------------
Changes:
  • Serial: The default flow control was changed to none. This only affects new installations.

Many devices are not capable of hardware flow control and require none be configured, so you might try disabling RTS/CTS in the Connection / Serial category of Session Options.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730