Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 05-26-2020, 09:58 AM

Save "Manager/Bar" Positions

Hello folks,

When I reposition the size of the Session and Command Managers, they are pinned, the position isn't saved upon app exit. I would like the size of both managers to be customized.

Also, I use both the Button Bar as well as the Command Window in addition to the Managers above. The Command Window is customized so that only one line of text is visible. This allows me to position my tabs so that I can control the columns and rows.

Over time, the Command Window increases vertically and that causes the visible session rows to start above the tab.

Could an update be added to the roadmap to retain the position of all these tools, please?

Lastly, it's a great product and I've been using it for years...I'm loving the new regex highlighting!

Cheers...
Old 05-26-2020, 01:15 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi HEMISixty,

Quote:
When I reposition the size of the Session and Command Managers, they are pinned, the position isn't saved upon app exit. I would like the size of both managers to be customized.
What version of SecureCRT are you using?

Where is Command/Session Manager docked?

Quote:
Also, I use both the Button Bar as well as the Command Window in addition to the Managers above. The Command Window is customized so that only one line of text is visible. This allows me to position my tabs so that I can control the columns and rows.

Over time, the Command Window increases vertically and that causes the visible session rows to start above the tab.
I can't visualize this issue. Can you post before and after screenshots? I realize, since the issue occurs over time, it may be awhile.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 05-27-2020, 10:59 AM

Sure, here you go. I've exaggerated the Command Window move to show what I'm talking about. Starting a session with the difference cuts off the first row or two of a session, which is when I normally notice and move the Command Window back to where I want it.

And, of course, closing the app and opening it again resets the docked positions of the other two tools on the left side.

Thanks for looking into it...
Attached Images
File Type: png Before.png (236.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: png After.png (210.2 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by HEMISixty; 05-27-2020 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added info.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:19 AM

Hi HEMISixty,

What version of SecureCRT are you running?

When you say "over time", do you close and restart SecureCRT during this period?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Last edited by bgagnon; 05-27-2020 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added inquiry & then removed
Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 PM

My apologies, it's 8.7.2 x64 build 2214. What I mean by "over time" is random. I haven't kept track of when it actually occurs. I can do that if needed.

The app is closed at the end of my day and it's days or maybe a week or two before I'll notice it.

Hope that helps...
Old 05-28-2020, 07:11 AM

Hi HEMISixty,

Please attach your Global.ini from the config folder. It should not contain any sensitive data, but if you prefer you can send attached to an email to support@vandyke.com and reference Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #14191.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730