Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 11-21-2019, 02:06 PM

Feature Request: Multi-Width Button Bar

As I shift the number of things I do manually within any given device to a button triggered macro or script, the number of buttons I have configured is increasing right along with it.

I don't typically use SecureCRT in full window size as it sits next to other windows I'm using. ( Some web page or Excel, whatever )

While we do have the ability to add additional button bars, it would be nice to have a multi-line button bar ( 1,2,3,X rows etc depending on number of buttons and window width ) or the ability to dock the button bars to the sides of the main SecureCRT Window.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:48 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi nehumanuscrede,

I have added this thread to the following feature requests in our product enhancement database:
  • Scrolling button bar (multiple rows, double height)
  • Dockable button bar (left, right)
Should a future release of SecureCRT include either feature, notification will be posted here.

If you prefer direct email notification, send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Feature Request - Forum Thread #13982" in the subject line or use this form from the support page of our website.

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

It won't help with being able to display more buttons, but as far as managing buttons and button bars, are you using those managers?

Changes in SecureCRT 8.5 (Beta 1) -- June 28, 2018
--------------------------------------------------
New features:

• Added a Button Bar Manager, which allows button bars to be added, duplicated, edited, deleted, and arranged manually or alphabetically.
  • Added a Button Manager, which allows buttons on a button bar to be rearranged, edited, added, deleted, copied, and pasted.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 11-21-2019, 03:37 PM

" What version of SecureCRT are you using? "

Version 8.5.4

" It won't help with being able to display more buttons, but as far as managing buttons and button bars, are you using those managers? "

Absolutely. I have a custom button bar for different types of equipment that I manage.

I have a default bar for General Purpose macros and scripts.
Cisco has it's own dedicated bar for everything Cisco.
Different servers I jump in and out of have their own bars.
Etc. etc.

Some device types have so many scripts I've written to do various things that I end up having to drag the window over or use the " more buttons " indicator at the right side of the bar to find them.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:45 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi nehumanuscrede,

AND in v8.7 (currently in beta release):

Changes in SecureCRT 8.7 (Beta 1) -- November 20, 2019
------------------------------------------------------

New features:

• Windows: Added support for a Command Manager, which allows commands to be saved and organized within folders. Commands that can be saved include: sending strings, executing menu functions, running scripts, and running local applications. Also, button bars, including the buttons on the button bar, can be copied to the Command Manager and vice versa.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730