Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 05-18-2006, 04:31 AM

Red face .CSF Scripts, any documentation?

I've got some older .CSF scripts hanging around that I haven't converted, and still don't mind using them, for their speed, and lack of any real overhead.

I've been trying to find some documentation on .CSF scripting, but came up empty on google, and in the SecureCRT help files...

I am curious if anyone can either point me to some documentation on CSF / .CSF scripts & scripting, or provide a list of available commands.

I realize that there are VBS / Perl / Javascript scripting available for secureCRT, and the newer securecrt does not even provide support for .CSF files, but I am using an older version (3.4) that does.

Any help is appreciated.

It is quite possible that the .CSF files only provide send/expect abilities, if that is true, then that is fine also.. but it sure would be nice to find some documentation stating this fact. Something I'm actually looking for, is a comment option for these scripts, to provide inline commenting, however # ' ; all fail to work.

I also noticed that the CSF scripts do not require the header section like all the other scripts do... the # $language" or # blank on the first two lines, is there any particular reason for this?

Thanks,
Tyler.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM

Hi Bambam,

CSF scripts are no longer support.

However, we do have a script that will automatically convert old simple CSF scripts to VBScript format. This script can be found at the following forum post:

http://forums.vandyke.com/showthread...highlight=.csf

The very minimal overhead of the ActiveX scripts (VBScript, JScript, etc) is greatly out weighed by the power and flexibility of those scripts.

The header information that is used in ActiveX scripting is needed to be able to run those scripts in .txt formats. The newer versions of CRT and SecureCRT do not need this header information if the file extension is a registered type on the system (.vbs for VBScript, etc).

As for CSF script not needing the header information, this language is specific to old versions of CRT. CRT was the script engine and these scripts could not be run outside of CRT.

Does this help to clarify?

Teresa

Teresa Nygren