Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 PM

Feature request :- Search box for connections

I have about 200+ connections , I would like to search them by name or IP address or Key word assigned ( in comments).

Is it possible to do it now?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:11 PM

Hi naushit,

Searching 200+ Sessions manually sounds like a hassle!

There are ways to find sessions the way you describe by using a filesystem search, but I'm thinking you may be looking for a way to search from the Connect dialog. I don't know specifically what you're wanting to do and am not sure about the problem you're facing.

Can you provide a few more details and a little background information (steps to reproduce and/or problem that you're running into and the ultimate goal) to make sure we understand and address your question?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]

Last edited by miked; 06-12-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Re: feature request - description of problem

Mike,

Sorry about delayed reply, but yes, i am looking for a search box in "connect" dialog , search items should be

- IP address
- hostname
- connection name
- Comment ( I usually save my customer/company name) in comments.
- or custom tag (This does not exist yet...but it's web 2.0 .
- login ( username).

and it should be incremental search for example 207.49 will least all the boxes with 207.49 IP subnet.

Or

another way to implement is..like "url" box. ( browser style) Where I can type

"ssh2://207. " and it completes the ip address/hostname from all the saved connections.

Does it help?

and yes one more important thing... I should be able to focus in search box/url box using hot-key( my faviourite key to search is '/' )

Thanks
Naushit.

Last edited by naushit; 07-10-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:03 AM

Hi Naushit,

Thanks for the detailed information!

This is exactly the information that Mike was looking for.

We have had requests to add a search option to the 'Connect' dialog. I have added this information and a link to this forum post to our feature request database.

If the search option is added to a future release of SecureCRT, a post will be made here.

If you would prefer to be contacted via email, please send us a message and reference this forum thread (2341).

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by naushit
I have about 200+ connections , I would like to search them by name or IP address or Key word assigned ( in comments).

Is it possible to do it now?

Thanks in advance.
This has been added to SecureCRT 6.1, which is in pre-beta testing. If you would like to try it, please send e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com. Please let me know if you also use SecureFX so that I can send you a combined installer.

Maureen
Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
This has been added to SecureCRT 6.1, which is in pre-beta testing. If you would like to try it, please send e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com. Please let me know if you also use SecureFX so that I can send you a combined installer.

Maureen
I'd like to test this. Ideally, there would be a search box, similar to Firefox's bookmarks Search field which would filter out unmatched items as you type. This would allow very fast identification and selection of a given host. Search boxes which require type-and-Enter-to-start-search are so '80s and so inefficient!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:20 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC
I'd like to test this. Ideally, there would be a search box, similar to Firefox's bookmarks Search field which would filter out unmatched items as you type. This would allow very fast identification and selection of a given host. Search boxes which require type-and-Enter-to-start-search are so '80s and so inefficient!
We implemented a search dialog. I will add your request for a search field that filters the sessions to our development database. If you're still interested in trying it, please send an e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com

Maureen