Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 09-14-2008, 03:22 AM

"Logon script" settings works partially

In session settings, is option to set "Logon script". When i insert there complete absolute path ( starting with disk:\ ) to mine vbs script like this "P:\Program Files\SecureCRT\Scripts\test.vbs", all works. But when i set there only "test.vbs" or "Scripts\test.vbs" (relative path from actual directory which is " P:\Program Files\SecureCRT") , error message appears: "Failed to open script file".

Can be that fixed in next version ? I was thinking to search when entry is added:
1) in default script folder (%actual_root_securecrt_path%\Scripts\%entry% )
2) in default secureCRT folder (%actual_root_securecrt_path%\%entry% )
3) using inserted entry like a absolute path ( %entry% )

%actual_root_securecrt_path% = path, from/whit which was runned/started secureCrt.exe
%entry% = string added by user from OPTIONS "Logon script" field.

PS: I have trial 6.1 version of SecureCRT.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Anunnaki,

To use a relative path, you will need to make sure that the shortcut from which SecureCRT is launched has the 'Start in:' path set.
You can set that path by right clicking on the SecureCRT shortcut, selecting properties and typing in the path to your scripts folder under 'Start in:'
When launching SecureCRT from the modified shortcut, you should be able to use only the script name when using 'Logon script:'.

I have added a feature request to our development database to have the ability for SecureCRT to search the install folder for scripts when an absolute or relative path is not provided.

Should this feature be added to a future version of SecureCRT, a post will be made to this forum thread.

If you would like to have us contact you directly please send us a note with your request and a reference to this forum thread (3186).

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730