Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!


Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
brettc brettc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
7.0.0 (build 295) Beta - Mapped Keys Bug?

Ever since updating one of our Macs to the version 7 beta, a certain mapped key combination has stopped working.

I use iRAPP (an RDP-clone product for Macs) to remote desktop into this Mac from my Windows 7 PC. To make working remotely in SecureCRT on the Mac more similar to working on the PC, I've created the following Mapped Key for SecureCRT sessions on the Mac:

Key Combination: Shift-HELP (which is actually Shift-Insert on my PC keyboard)
Function: MENU_PASTE

This used to work perfectly, but as soon as I updated to the version 7 beta, it broke. If I try to create a new mapped key and press Shift-Insert, nothing happens. It's as if I haven't pressed any keys. If I try Ctrl-Insert or Shift-Ctrl-Insert, those DO work, registering as Ctrl-HELP and Ctrl-Shift-HELP, respectively.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-24-2012, 01:20 PM
bgagnon bgagnon is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,024
Hello brettc,

I cannot replicate the issue you reported. How did you map the key combination?

Did you use Tools / Keymap Editor?

Or did you save it in the session by configuring the Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys category of SecureCRT's Session Options?


Quote:
This used to work perfectly, but as soon as I updated to the version 7 beta, it broke. If I try to create a new mapped key and press Shift-Insert, nothing happens. It's as if I haven't pressed any keys. If I try Ctrl-Insert or Shift-Ctrl-Insert, those DO work, registering as Ctrl-HELP and Ctrl-Shift-HELP, respectively.
When attempting to reconfigure the mapped key as described above, is this being done at the Mac or remotely via the Windows 7 PC?
__________________
Thanks,
--Brenda

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-24-2012, 04:26 PM
brettc brettc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
I cannot replicate the issue you reported. How did you map the key combination?

Did you use Tools / Keymap Editor?

Or did you save it in the session by configuring the Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys category of SecureCRT's Session Options?
In this case I was configuring Mapped Keys under Session Options, but the same thing happens in the global Keymap Editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
When attempting to reconfigure the mapped key as described above, is this being done at the Mac or remotely via the Windows 7 PC?
It's being done remotely via the Windows 7 PC. But I have another identically configured Mac (lets call that Mac 2) that I also access remotely from the same Windows 7 PC where this works. The only difference between the Mac 1 and Mac 2 is that Mac 2 is still running SecureCRT version 6.7.5 and Mac 1 is running the new beta 7.0.0.

The Shift-Insert/Shift-HELP mapped key also worked on Mac 1 right up until it was upgraded. Nothing else has changed.

Brett
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
bgagnon bgagnon is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,024
Hello Brett,

On Mac 1 (SecureCRT v7.0 beta 2), is the mapped keys custom configuration still shown in Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys?

Or are the entries showing the custom keymap missing from the dialog as well?

Please send the following to support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #10489" in the subject line.

Be sure to clear any credentials from session .ini files.
  • Session's .ini file from Mac 1 (v7.0 b2)
  • Session's .ini file from Mac 2 (v6.7.5)
__________________
Thanks,
--Brenda

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 PM
brettc brettc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4
Quote:
On Mac 1 (SecureCRT v7.0 beta 2), is the mapped keys custom configuration still shown in Terminal / Emulation / Mapped Keys?

Or are the entries showing the custom keymap missing from the dialog as well?
Yes, the entries are still there after the upgrade. But if I try to delete them and re-create them, it never even registers Shift-Insert as a key combination. Other combinations, like Shift-T, or Ctrl-Shift-Insert register and function normally.

I'll send you the .ini files shortly.

Brett
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 PM
bgagnon bgagnon is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,024
Hi Brett,

Thank, I received them, I will respond via e-mail.
__________________
Thanks,
--Brenda

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
7.0.0 , beta , mac , mapped keys


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 AM.