VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.1/SecureFX 3.1/VShell 2.6 Beta
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2005, 05:32 AM

Properties changes

When I modify the terminal type in the connections properties window to change from telnet to ssh2, there is not related port change on the SSH2 port. Believe that the default behavior in older versions was to set the default port for the protocol. Although the connection page changes the protocol from telnet to ssh2, the port on the SSH2 page remains at 23. This only appears to be the case with sessions that were converted from 4.1 to 5.0 and newly created 5.0 sessions don't appear to have the problem. In new 5.0 sessions, I have either a set of telnet properties or ssh properites when I switch but not both. In converted sessions, I end up with both telnet properties and ssh2 properties but the port for ssh2 properties stays 23. When I change from telnet to ssh2 on the connection page, the telnet properties go away but if I switch to ssh2 from telnet I end up with both.
Old 03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
VanDyke Product Director

I was trying to reproduce the behavior you describe and was not able to. I was wondering whether or not you have SecureFX installed and if your settings are integrated. The easiest way to tell this is from the Connection page in the Session options dialog - can you set a file transfer protocol?

Maureen
Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 AM

Yes I also have SecureFX beta loaded. Should I try uninstalling that to see if the problem/symptoms change?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:20 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Have you tried beta 2 yet and if so, is the behavior any different? If you're still seeing the same problem, could you send a screenshot of the Session Options dialog's connection page and a session .INI that exhibits the behavior to Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com?

Maureen