Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Scripting

Old 04-02-2021, 10:54 AM

Python crt library or debugging

Hi:

I am trying to python script beyond the examples and I can't seem to find a way to figure out what variables are availabile to me via the crt object (since I can only output strings and not dictionaries).

Is there a more complete documentation of the library/modules or is there an easier way to figure out what variables are available to us?

For example, I am trying to get the name of my session (hostname of tab, date, time, etc) so that I can have a script collect information from multiple sessions and write to a file when the script is called, but it seems difficult to find what tools I have to work with here.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:40 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi nada,

A comprehensive list of SecureCRT-specific objects can be found in SecureCRT's Help Window, under the Script > Script Objects Reference topic heading.

Within the Help, each object referenced has a full description, as well as a Syntax field that describes the variables/values available to said objects.

Please see this post for more detail.

If what you're looking for are the values available for reading and modification of a session with GetOption and ReadOption, those particular value names are visible within the .ini files of the sessions themselves (which are located in SecureCRT's Config / Sessions folder -> the Global Options, General / Configuration Paths category shows where the Config folder is located).

--Cameron

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730