Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM

Question about Menus in V7 Official

I am happy to see that in the new version to change from a custom menu to the default menu then back in SecureCRT it no longer requires a restart of SecureCRT.

I also see in the toolbar options now a choice to add a New Menu Dropdown ? Is that what I think it is ? A dropdown to switch between custom menus and the default ? How do we use it ? I do not see any documentation for it when I did a help search.

I added it to my toolbar but get a blank drop down. I love the idea of being able to add dynamic menu changes to a toolbar dropdown instead of forcing a custom menu.

Thanks
Clif
Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I also see in the toolbar options now a choice to add a New Menu Dropdown ?
Yes. More specifically, you're refering to an option that you see if you right click on the menu bar / toolbar area and select Customize, right? In the Customize window's Commands tab there is an option that says New Menu.

You can drag New Menu to the menu bar and create a new drop down menu. You can drag other items to the new menu, such as Connect..., Reconnect, etc..

You drag these items from the Customize window to the new menu you created. Most programs which allow you to customize menus provide this type of interface. For example, if you've ever customized a menu in Microsoft Office, the process is the same.

Quote:
Is that what I think it is ? A dropdown to switch between custom menus and the default ?
It allows you to create a new drop down menu in the menu bar. For example, by default you have certain menu bar items, such as File, Edit, View, ... Help. The New Menu Dropdown allows you to create a new menu dropdown item in that menu bar.
Quote:
How do we use it ?
Does the information above help?
Here is more of a step-by-step guide to how to create the custom menu.
  • Right click on the menu bar
  • Select Customize..., this opens the Customize window
  • Select the Commands tab
  • Select New Menu in the Categories group
  • In the Commands group, select and drag New Menu to your menu bar
To add items to your new menu, as a test let's add Connect:
  • Open the Customize window, Commands tab, File category
  • Select Connect... in the Commands category
  • Drag it to the new menu that you created
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]

Last edited by miked; 07-23-2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Incomplete sentence corrected.