Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > File Transfer

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 01:31 PM

Does VShell have a way to cap file size?

I am a complete noob and the person usually responsible for our Windows 2008 /VShell SFTP server is gone. We have an urgent issue with file transfers over 5GB failing consistenly. I'm told this "never happened before" but everyone says that nothing has changed, including the network team. We're running a Windows 2008, r2 server and VShell 3.5.3 (x64 build 516). Looks like its old but I can't do anything about that. Just trying to figure out if it is something I can fix or if I need to throw it back to the network team. I'd really appreciate some tips as to what to look at or if it can even be set. I've gone through the VShell console but don't see anything. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2016, 03:05 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi cdubaz,

I am sorry to hear about the issue that is occurring. It is best to troubleshoot VShell issues outside of the public forums. Please send an email to support@vandyke.com and include "Attn Brenda - Forum Thread #12561" in the subject line.

Please include in your email:
  • VShell serial number from the About category of VShell's control panel

• VShell debug log -- if not already enabled, please enable Debug in the Common / Logging category of VShell's control panel (Log File Messages column), apply the change and replicate the issue. Please attach the VShell debug log to your email.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730