Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 AM

Embed / encrypt script

Hi there,

I have developed a lot of scripts (vbscript in securecrt) to make my job a lot easier. I need to pass some of the scripts to my colleague so that he can also help. The problem is I don't want him to read my scripts as they contain some sensitive information. I would like to think can I embed the securecrt scripts into some dll and use Visual Basic Express to call the dll scripts? If not, any suggestion to hide the scripts? Thanks.

Ken
Old 05-03-2011, 09:41 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the question. Currently, SecureCRT does not have the ability to obfuscate scripts. I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add this capability.

Should a future release of SecureCRT have this ability, we will post to this thread. If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
In the meantime, you may be able to use the following steps to encode an existing VBScript for use in SecureCRT:
  1. Write your script and test it to ensure proper operation within SecureCRT.
  2. Remove the two SecureCRT specific header lines, and save your script source file with a .vbs extension. In other words, the following two lines should *not* appear at the top of your un-encoded script source file:
    # $language = "VBScript.Encode"
    # $interface = "1.0"
  3. Download and install Microsoft Script Encoder
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
  4. Encode the .vbs script using a command-line similar to the following:
    "<path>\screnc.exe" test.vbs test.vbe
  5. Edit the encoded script (test.vbe) and add the following lines to the beginning of the script:
    # $interface = "1.0"
    '**Start Encode**
Note that Microsoft only supports the script encoder on Windows versions up through XP. Microsoft does not support the script encoder in Windows Vista or 7. See the following MSDN article for more details:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 06-19-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the question. Currently, SecureCRT does not have the ability to obfuscate scripts. I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add this capability.

Should a future release of SecureCRT have this ability, we will post to this thread. If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
In the meantime, you may be able to use the following steps to encode an existing VBScript for use in SecureCRT:
  1. Write your script and test it to ensure proper operation within SecureCRT.
  2. Remove the two SecureCRT specific header lines, and save your script source file with a .vbs extension. In other words, the following two lines should *not* appear at the top of your un-encoded script source file:
    # $interface = "1.0"
  3. Download and install Microsoft Script Encoder
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
  4. Encode the .vbs script using a command-line similar to the following:
    "<path>\screnc.exe" test.vbs test.vbe
  5. Edit the encoded script (test.vbe) and add the following lines to the beginning of the script:
    # $interface = "1.0"
    '**Start Encode**
Note that Microsoft only supports the script encoder on Windows versions up through XP. Microsoft does not support the script encoder in Windows Vista or 7. See the following MSDN article for more details:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx
I tried this one with a small script as example, but it's not working for me; looks like it's not sending the CR/LF commands, it goes trough 1 line, look at the attached picture.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Capture.GIF (28.3 KB, 349 views)

Last edited by rzavala; 06-19-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 AM

Hi rzavala,

Did your script successfully run prior to use of Microsoft's Script Encoder?

What version of Windows are you running?

SecureCRT does not directly support script obfuscation. I have recorded your interest in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Feature requests are typically prioritized based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the number of requests and the amount of implementation work required.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 06-19-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekoranyi View Post
Hi rzavala,

Did your script successfully run prior to use of Microsoft's Script Encoder?

What version of Windows are you running?

SecureCRT does not directly support script obfuscation. I have recorded your interest in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Feature requests are typically prioritized based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the number of requests and the amount of implementation work required.
Hi Eric,

Yes, I tried it before to put on the encoder, and it was very simple script; since I'm using Windows 7 Pro, I think Microsoft's Script Encoder won't work on my laptop, but I found a similar one: Scripts Encryptor - Encoder v.3.0.3.4

Thanks.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:16 AM

Hi rzavala,

I'm not familiar with Scripts Encryptor - Encoder and it's use would be outside the scope of support I could provide.

I will be sure to respond to this thread should an officially supported method of obfuscating scripts become available.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730