Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!


Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 AM
seesea's Avatar
seesea seesea is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
About the /F options

When I use the /F command-line options to specified an alternate folder,I found it changed the global settings, even if I disable the menu "Options > Auto save options", or using the /NOSAVE command-line options.
My CRT version is 5.5, is it a bug? Or is there a method to use a config folder temporarily?

Thanks.

Another question: when I use a saved session which contains the password, can I supply another password instead of it in a script? Because that session's configuration file is generated by the script, but I don't know how to encrypt the plainpassword.

Last edited by seesea; 04-19-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
rtb rtb is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,306
Hi seesea,
Quote:
When I use the /F command-line options to specified an alternate folder,I found it changed the global settings, even if I disable the menu "Options > Auto save options", or using the /NOSAVE command-line options.
My CRT version is 5.5, is it a bug? Or is there a method to use a config folder temporarily?
Thanks for the question. This is a bug that should be fixed in SecureCRT 6.0.3.
Quote:
Another question: when I use a saved session which contains the password, can I supply another password instead of it in a script? Because that session's configuration file is generated by the script, but I don't know how to encrypt the plainpassword.
It is not possible to supply a different password when one is saved in a session. Can you tell me what it is you are attempting to accomplish?
__________________
--Todd

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 PM
seesea's Avatar
seesea seesea is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
Hi Todd,
Thanks for your infomation.

Quote:
It is not possible to supply a different password when one is saved in a session. Can you tell me what it is you are attempting to accomplish?
As mentioned before, the "saved session" is not really "saved" but generated by script, so I have to supply a password's ciphertext.
Any more, I will upgrade SecureCRT to avoid do so.

Thanks again.
ss
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
rtb rtb is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,306
Hi seesea,

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds like you are attempting to create sessions via a script, and you want to know how to encode the password. We do not currently offer a mechanism to encode a password for use in a saved session.

I have created a feature request in our SecureCRT development database to add the ability to save a password to a session .ini file via a script. Should a future release of SecureCRT have this capability, we will post to this forum thread.

If you would like to be notified directly, please complete and submit the form at the following location:
Submit Feature Request
__________________
--Todd

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-21-2011, 12:06 AM
seesea's Avatar
seesea seesea is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
That will be a useful function sometimes. Thank you Todd.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:23 AM
rtb rtb is offline
VanDyke Technical Support
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,306
Hi seesea,

I am glad to help. As a note, I am working on an example script that may help you accomplish your goal if you are using SecureCRT 6.6.2. I will post it to this thread when it is finished.

Again, we will also post to this thread if a future release of SecureCRT has the ability to save a plain text password in an encrypted password format via a script.
__________________
--Todd

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-24-2011, 07:55 PM
seesea's Avatar
seesea seesea is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 20
So warmhearted you are! I'm looking forward to your script, Thank you Todd!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:21 PM.