Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 01-06-2014, 11:05 AM

SecureCRT opening all sessions in new windows by default

My SecureCRT is now opening all sessions in a new window instead of new tabs. Tabbed sessions is enabled, and was working 2 weeks ago as intended. Loaded up CRT today and all sessions open in a new window. Installed the updated 7.2 and problem persists. Is there an option that I've missed, or an update to Win7x64 that might have triggered this effect? I would like all sessions to open in the same window as a tab to be the default. Thank you for any help offered.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi JamesG,

Thanks for the question.

If you are using the Connect dialog, then you would need to enable the option named Open in a tab located above the Connect button.

If you are using the Session Manager, you would need to use the button second from the left named Connect in Tab. You can also right-click on a session (or a folder or sessions) and select Open Sessions in a Tab from the context menu.

Does this help to resolve the issue?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 01-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mdella Send a message via Skype™ to mdella
Session manager issues...

I assume the "new" default behaviour is to have the session manager with every window. This is really driving many of us crazy here and we've been trying to figure out how to get rid of this new behaviour. Sadly many just uninstalled securecrt and reinstalled an older version to get rid of the bahaviour.

How do we get back to the old system where you click on session manager to get a single popup pulldown and you aren't saddles with a permanent session manager in each and every window?

PGP Fingerprint: BDC7 AFFD E94F FA09 C839 9153 F5FF E128 3094 2B9E
Key ID: 0x30942B9E
Old 01-06-2014, 01:02 PM

Hi Marcos,

You can get back to the Connect dialog by disabling the option named Use dockable session manager located in the General category of the Global Options dialog.

It is also possible to hide the Session Manager by unpinning it, and you can also drag it out of the SecureCRT program window.

Does this help?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 01-06-2014, 01:15 PM

default double-click action on sessions

Thanks Todd, that helps me know how to use the session manager more effectively. I'm wondering if there's a way to set the default launch when double-clicking on a session in the session manager to open in a new tab rather than a new window?

As I've never used the session manager before now, I've always just clicked the "connect" button on my toolbar and then double-clicked on the session I wished to launch. I would like that double-click to open in a new tab as the default rather than opening in a new window. Is that possible? To me, that would be more efficient than right-clicking the session within the session manager and choosing open in tab.

Many thanks for the quick reply, it is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:42 PM

Hi JamesG,

It is possible to change the default behavior. You can use the option called Connect sessions in tabs which you can find in the Terminal category of the Global Options dialog.

Does this help?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM

Todd, thank you again! I had that option checked, but after unchecking and saving options, then rechecking and and saving options, that is now working as intended. Thank you again for your help and quick reply!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:12 PM

You are welcome JamesG.

If you don't have Auto Save Options enabled in the Options menu, I would suggest enabling it.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM

Nice. Came here to ask the same thing. Thanks for the easy "fix"
Old 04-17-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtb View Post
Hi JamesG,

It is possible to change the default behavior. You can use the option called Connect sessions in tabs which you can find in the Terminal category of the Global Options dialog.

Does this help?
Sorry to bump an old thread. Work just provided me with a new computer (win 7 vs XP) and they upgraded Secure CRT from 6.6 (I believe) to 7.0.4.

I gotta say, this is driving me bonkers trying to get each session to open into a new tab when double clicked. So I was quite happy to see that I wasn't the only one, and that it seems to have a easy solution...

Except I'm not seeing anything called "connect sessions in tabs", or anything that resembles that.

I'm in: Options / Global Options

Then I see:
Terminal
- Appearance
- Tabs/Tiling (which is where I thought I'd see something like this - but I'm not seeing it)
- Printing
- Web Browser
- Advanced (nothing here either that jumps out at me)

I know this shouldn't be that complicated... but apparently it is.

Thanks
Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM

Hello Riptide,

The option was added to Global Options in a version later than you have access to (but it is in just the first-level Terminal category in v7.2 and later). For older versions, you configure the Open in a tab behavior via the Connect dialog or Quick Connect dialog.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 04-22-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgagnon View Post
Hello Riptide,

The option was added to Global Options in a version later than you have access to (but it is in just the first-level Terminal category in v7.2 and later). For older versions, you configure the Open in a tab behavior via the Connect dialog or Quick Connect dialog.
I have no clue how I missed that. Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2017, 01:22 PM

Launching multiple sessions, with each session opening in a new window.

Sorry to bump an old thread but my problem is very similar.

I simply can't figure my problem out! I am trying to open multiple sessions simultaneously, each session in a new window (not tab). When I highlight the multiple sessions I want to open and then hit connect, my sessions open in 1 window (multiple tabs). I have tried to find the solution but I can't figure it out.

To clarify - I want to launch multiple sessions (to different devices I have saved in a folder) simultaneously, with each session opening in a
new window.

I know this shouldn't be that complicated....but it seems to be. I am using version 7.1.1

Please advise.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2017, 02:32 PM

Hi chrjames,

I'm sorry you're having trouble.

SecureCRT does not currently support launching multi-selected sessions into new windows or instances.

I have recorded your interest in our database of SecureCRT feature requests so that the product director can evaluate it for possible inclusion in a future release.

Feature requests are typically prioritized based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the number of requests and the amount of implementation work required.

Should a version of SecureCRT become available with this feature, we will be sure to let you know by responding to this thread. If you prefer to be notified directly please send an email to Support@VanDyke.com with "Feature Request Forum Thread 11339" in the subject.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 06-28-2017, 08:06 AM

Thank you for responding ekoranyi.

If the feature is added to a future release, please let me know by responding to this thread.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags
session tabs