This article describes the approved way to include graphics in your forum postings here.
Please do not reference graphics that you've uploaded to a non-VanDyke website.
Please follow these steps to include graphics in your postings here at forums.vandyke.com:
- Delete any existing [IMG] attempts you've included in the message you're currently composing, if any link to external (non-VanDyke Software) websites.
- Scroll down below the main forum post edit/composition area, and press the Manage Attachments button.
- If you do not see the Manage Attachments button, you must first press the Go Advanced button to switch from basic editing mode to the more capable (advanced) editing mode.
- Press the Browse... button and locate the graphic you desire to include in your forum posting.
- A file browser window will appear.
- Navigate to the graphic you would like to include and submit it.
- You should now see the path to the graphic listed to the left of the Browse... button.
- Repeat this step for each graphic you desire to include.
- Press the Upload button and your graphics will be uploaded to the forum server.
- When the upload is complete, the Manage Attachments window will update to show you a list of current attachments.
To embed a graphic within your forum posting, right-click on the link for the desire graphic and copy the link/shortcut to the clipboard.
- Click on the Image button in the advanced forum post edit/composition area and paste the URL you copied to the clipboard moments earlier.
The following graphic depicts the overall process described above.