Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 AM

[REQ] SecureCRT function

Thank you for developing SecureCRT, a great SSH client.

I hope that you will make it better & better.

+ I find the button bar useful. Currently, to change to another button set, I have to use the mouse to select. After that, the focus is still at the combo box, not the command line. I think it is not convenient as I will have to click the command screen once more.
+ Please provide functions (menu function or the like) to change to next/previous button sets. That let users choose hot keys they prefer to change without having to use the mouse.

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
+ I find the button bar useful. Currently, to change to another button set, I have to use the mouse to select. After that, the focus is still at the combo box, not the command line. I think it is not convenient as I will have to click the command screen once more.
I see what you mean. When you click File menu / Trace Options, for example, your cursor is still at the command line. Changing the button bar should behave similarly, not removing focus. Is this correct?

Quote:
+ Please provide functions (menu function or the like) to change to next/previous button sets. That let users choose hot keys they prefer to change without having to use the mouse.
I've added your idea to our request database so that we can consider providing the ability to map keys to button bars. If we add this ability in the future we'll post a follow up message to let you know. If you'd also like to receive e-mail notification should this feature be added, please let us know and refer to forum thread 3776.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
I see what you mean. When you click File menu / Trace Options, for example, your cursor is still at the command line. Changing the button bar should behave similarly, not removing focus. Is this correct?
That's correct. I want the focus to be at the command line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
I've added your idea to our request database so that we can consider providing the ability to map keys to button bars. If we add this ability in the future we'll post a follow up message to let you know. If you'd also like to receive e-mail notification should this feature be added, please let us know and refer to forum thread 3776.
That would be nice. By the way, ability to set hotkeys for button bar is a good addition too.

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks for confirming our understanding of your suggestions. We have added both requests and will post a follow up message to this forum thread.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 02-06-2018, 04:50 PM
VanDyke Product Director

The ability to map a key or button to a button bar in order to change the current button bar has been added to a pre-beta version of SecureCRT. Please email me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com if you would like to try it.

Maureen