Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 03-02-2017, 04:50 PM

Unhappy Copy & Paste issue

Version 5.1.2 (build 274)

Not sure if there is an easy way to explain the situation. I'm working all day long on SecureCRT and often required to copy isql output to a text file for investigation of results. Editor of choice is notepad ++ and when the copied information is pasted it prints character 'x' for vertical lines of the isql output tables and 'p" for horizontal lines. I am not sure if there is a setting that changes the encoding to rich text when copied and pasted to an editor. I am aware of the available print to file option but this is not handy as i have to transfer the file from Unix to windows to view the content due to restrictions at work and hence prefer to copy the required data to notepad++. This is the same when a sql query is copied across from SecureCRT to notepad++ where a 'x' is appended at the start and end of each line and making it difficult to use it again. Hope there is a solution for the issue.

Kindly
Althaf
Old 03-02-2017, 05:35 PM

Out of curiosity, have you tried running the newest SecureCRT (8.x) and new Notepad++ (7.3.2)?

Does the issue continue to happen with the latest code?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:54 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Version 5.1 hasn't been in active development since 2007 (was only supported on Windows XP, Server 2003, and Server 2000).

Have you tried the current version of SecureCRT to see if it's able to copy in the way that you need?

Before trying the current version of SecureCRT with such an aged version that you're using, I'd suggest making a copy of your entire SecureCRT configuration folder on the file system so that you can have something to go back to if you desire to revert back to the 5.1 version.

--Jake
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support