Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 05-23-2006, 06:02 AM

Color scheme overruled by "ANSI Color"

Hello,

I played around with color schemes in Terminal > Appearance in SecureCRT 5.1.0, but at first it didn't seem to work. Whatever color scheme I selected in the session options, the screen remained white on black

It turned out this was caused by "ANSI color" being checked, in Terminal > Emulation. When I unchecked this, selecting a color scheme worked fine.

This dependency between these two options wasn't obvious to me at first sight. Perhaps a warning of some sort can be added.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:16 AM

Hi Renep,

That is an excellent request!

I have entered this request with the SecureCRT product manager to possibly have some sort of warning display when a color scheme is selected and ANSI color is enabled.

If this is added, a post will be made here.

If notification via email is preferred, please send a message to support@vandyke.com with a subject of 'ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 1454'.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM

Thanks Teresa
Old 01-12-2007, 05:32 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by renep
I played around with color schemes in Terminal > Appearance in SecureCRT 5.1.0, but at first it didn't seem to work. Whatever color scheme I selected in the session options, the screen remained white on black

It turned out this was caused by "ANSI color" being checked, in Terminal > Emulation. When I unchecked this, selecting a color scheme worked fine.

This dependency between these two options wasn't obvious to me at first sight. Perhaps a warning of some sort can be added.
SecureCRT now honors the color scheme when "ANSI color" is selected. This is available in a pre-beta installer. If you'd like to try it, please send an e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
Old 01-14-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maureen
SecureCRT now honors the color scheme when "ANSI color" is selected. This is available in a pre-beta installer. If you'd like to try it, please send an e-mail to me at Maureen.Jett@vandyke.com.

Maureen
I would like to add -- the option is pretty slick too and works exactly as designed. You get the best of both worlds "ANSI color" and your defined "Color Scheme" at the same time.

--
mekanik