Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > Secure Shell

Old 09-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to FuzzyFox Send a message via AIM to FuzzyFox Send a message via MSN to FuzzyFox Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyFox
Double-click drag will not scroll window

There are different methods of selecting text in (Secure)CRT:
  1. Drag the mouse across the text.
  2. Double-click a word, and hold the final click, dragging and selecting entire words at a time.
  3. Triple-click and hold the final click, dragging and selecting entire lines at a time.
I generally use the second option above, selecting words at a time. However, I have noticed an anomoly that comes into play when trying to select large (more than a screen's worth) of text.

If the user simply drags, when the mouse reaches the top or bottom of the window, the screen will scroll so that more text will be selected in that direction.

However, if the user started with a double- or triple-click, the screen does not scroll, and only text that is visible on the screen can be selected this way.

Is this a bug?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:25 PM
VanDyke Customer Support

Hello FuzzyFox,
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFox
There are different methods of selecting text in (Secure)CRT:
  1. Drag the mouse across the text.
  2. Double-click a word, and hold the final click, dragging and selecting entire words at a time.
  3. Triple-click and hold the final click, dragging and selecting entire lines at a time.
I generally use the second option above, selecting words at a time. However, I have noticed an anomoly that comes into play when trying to select large (more than a screen's worth) of text.

If the user simply drags, when the mouse reaches the top or bottom of the window, the screen will scroll so that more text will be selected in that direction.

However, if the user started with a double- or triple-click, the screen does not scroll, and only text that is visible on the screen can be selected this way.

Is this a bug?
At this point, I am going to have to do a little investigating to find out what the default behavior is supposed to be when drag-selecting with double and triple clicks.

As soon as I find out, I will post the answer back here.

Thanks,

-bocks