Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 PM

Question Profile access control

Hello,
How do create a profile for batch command use that will not be seen by the GUI tree?

Thanks
Old 11-03-2006, 08:02 AM

RobertCDG,

Could you provide a little more detail about what you're wanting to do, and let us know VanDyke Software product you're using or wanting to use to accomplish your task?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCDG
Hello,
How do create a profile for batch command use that will not be seen by the GUI tree?

Thanks
Hi RobertCDG,

You can create a session via the GUI and then move the session INI file to an alternate configuration directory. Using the "/F" command-line option, you should be able to use that as an "alternate configuration folder location" and then use the "/S" for the session within the alternate configuration folder and be good to go. This should hide the session information for the normal GUI tree.

miked, can you confirm that what I advised above should theoretically work?

/mekanik/
Old 11-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Hi mekanik,

Thanks for the response - you helped me understand the question from a different perspective. I think your suggestion is a good idea if the goal is to prevent the session from being seen in a SecureCRT Connect window. Here is a step by step guide / example:
  • Create a session named HideMe via the GUI interface, and verify that it works.
  • Locate the HideMe.ini file in the configuration\Sessions folder. The configuration folder is specified in Global Options / General, and the Sessions folder is in the configuration folder, and a file named HideMe.ini is in the Sessions folder.
  • Decide on a new directory that you can use as a configuration folder. For example, C:\Temp\OtherConfig, and create the folder if necessary.
  • Create a Sessions folder in the configuration directory specified above. In keeping with the example so far, I now have C:\Temp\OtherConfig\Sessions.
  • Move the HideMe.ini file into C:\Temp\OtherConfig\Sessions.
  • Start SecureCRT using the /F and /S command-line options:
  • SecureCRT /F "C:\Temp\OtherConfig" /S "HideMe"
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
Hi mekanik,

Thanks for the response - you helped me understand the question from a different perspective. I think your suggestion is a good idea if the goal is to prevent the session from being seen in a SecureCRT Connect window. Here is a step by step guide / example:
, hopefully the solution is what RobertCDG was looking for. Thanks for the confirmation of this also.

/mekanik/