VanDyke Software Forums

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT 5.2/SecureFX 4.0 Beta
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2006, 08:29 AM

Menu Bar missing, how to get it back?

Hello,

I seemed to have hit a keystroke or something has become corrupted as I no longer have the SecureCRT menu bar or icons at the top of the screen. When I launch SecureCRT my default session connects but I get only the white background and a do not have any of my icons or menu bar. After trying all manner of keystroks I could think of, and searching the FAQs, I gave up and tried reloading which did not help. So I am unable to use the product now since I can not open any other sessions, all my hosts that I have built into this I can't access. Back on the windows taskbar I did a right click on the SCRT program and I see a toggle menu bar option there but nothing happens when I try to use that. I have also tried right clicking in the main body of the SCRT session and there is nothing there either that will correct this. Is there maybe a keystroke sequence or a config file I can look at to fix this?

Thanks,
Stan

Last edited by sbransom; 09-15-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:58 AM

Hi Stan,

There are a couple of different things that could have caused this.

First would be if SecureCRT is in full screen mode.

Is SecureCRT filling the entire screen?

If so, does using the key combination of 'Alt' + 'Enter' return the screen to normal size along with the menu bar?

Another would be if the other toolbars are showing but not the menu bar.

If this is the case, the menu bar can be turned back on by right clicking SecureCRT's main titlebar and choosing the options 'Toggle Menu Bar'.

Does either of these options return the menu bar?

Teresa

Teresa Nygren
Old 09-15-2006, 09:11 AM

Alt-Enter was the fix, once you get in that mode if you don;t know that key sequence to get out your stuck. Maybe once suggestionwould be to put something in one of the right click pop up menus where you can select the non-full screen. I like the feature just had not used it before...

Thanks for the help!
Stan
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 AM

Hi Stan,

I'm glad to hear that the menu bar is back!

You can still access the menus in full screen mode by pressing 'Alt' + the first letter of the menu.

For example, 'Alt' + 'f' will bring up the 'File' menu.

The suggestion to have the pop-up menu have the option to switch in and out of full screen mode is a good idea!

I have added this request to our features database. If this is added, we will make a post here.

If you would prefer to be contacted via email, please send a message to support@vandyke.com with a subject of 'ATTN: Teresa Forum Thread 1704'.

Teresa

Teresa Nygren