Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Notices

Old 06-15-2005, 01:35 AM

Question SecureCRT5 beta 7, disappearing text, session options

Don't know if this has been experienced yet.
Win XP Pro, latest patches
SecureCRT 3.0 installed

Using secureCRT5, beta 7 , 5 tabs open, all of a sudden I have no output, like the font colors got changed. The sessions were just sitting there idling, had not actually touched the program for several minutes, doing other things.
Come back and the font color and background color are the same. Changing the session options for font, colors, etc, has no effect whatsoever and the secureCRT 3.0 settings are also screwed up, now any window I open in secureCRT 3.0 has infinite length, as in a 1200xInfinite sized window, no matter how much I resize, the window is still bigger than the screen.

A screen shot of the beta 7 font color problem can be seen at the following link, the programs were still running and outputting, I just couldn't see text. When I highlighted, I got the correct colors, but no text:
http://www.evilherbivore.net/secureC...screensht1.JPG

Didn't have much time to really investigate what happened, but a restart of the windows machine itself cured that problem, except now when I right click on the beta 7 title bar, I do not have the 'toggle menu bar' option.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:25 AM
VanDyke Product Director

Please let me know if you see this again. I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has seen this before.

Regarding the missing "Toggle menu bar" menu item, I was wondering if you're using a custom menu. This can be found at the bottom of the the Terminal page in the Global Options dialog.

Maureen
Old 06-15-2005, 12:11 PM

I highlight text to copy and paste it all the time and have not noticed this problem in any of the past or current alpha/beta releases.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:33 AM

I've noticed a similar problem with session options disappearing. The sessions option specifically that I'm referrring to is the blinking cursor.

I see it when I'm ssh'd to a solaris/linux machine, then I telnet or ssh to network devices (cisco and nortel routers and nortel switches). When I connect to the network device, the blinking cursor disappears. Then when I log out of the network device and I'm back on my solaris/linux session, the blinking cursor is still missing. I don't get the cursor back unless I log off that session completely and re-login.

Last edited by devrick0; 06-16-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:32 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrick0
I don't get the cursor back unless I log off that session completely and re-login.
Does the cursor come back if you select "Reset" from the Edit menu?

Maureen
Old 06-17-2005, 02:29 PM

Yes, it does come back when I hit the "reset" button in the edit menu (never really noticed that option before). It will bring back the blinking cursor when I log into the switch/router as well as when I go back to the linux/solaris machine. Will reset send any sort of output to the session it's connected to? Like possibly a carriage return or something along those lines.

Any idea what could be causing that? I'm wondering what kind of feedback SecureCRT is getting from the terminal (seems to be what's happening) and if it's possible for me to set a terminal option that will ignore or negate that effect. I log into so many switches and routers throughout the day that I'd rather not have to "reset" every time I log in. Although it's nice to know that reset is there, since before I was just waiting to log out and shut down the session and start back up to get the blinking cursor back.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:32 PM
VanDyke Product Director

Quote:
Any idea what could be causing that? I'm wondering what kind of feedback SecureCRT is getting from the terminal (seems to be what's happening) and if it's possible for me to set a terminal option that will ignore or negate that effect. I log into so many switches and routers throughout the day that I'd rather not have to "reset" every time I log in. Although it's nice to know that reset is there, since before I was just waiting to log out and shut down the session and start back up to get the blinking cursor back.
It sounds like the remote side is sending something. Could you turn on trace output and post the trace that gets displayed right before it gets in this state? Trace output can be enabled by selecting "Trace Options" from the File menu before connecting.

Maureen
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Vanishing cursor

Quote:
I've noticed a similar problem with session options disappearing. The sessions option specifically that I'm referrring to is the blinking cursor.

I see it when I'm ssh'd to a solaris/linux machine, then I telnet or ssh to network devices (cisco and nortel routers and nortel switches). When I connect to the network device, the blinking cursor disappears. Then when I log out of the network device and I'm back on my solaris/linux session, the blinking cursor is still missing. I don't get the cursor back unless I log off that session completely and re-login.

I have a similar problem, but I'm not exactly sure what causes it. When I am in a terminal session and in VI and then focus on another window terminal session and then return back, my cursor has vanished. I have cursor movement, but I canít see where it is. What I do to have the cursor return is just select "Session Options" and just then click OK and return to the VI session hit an arrow key and it is back.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi jfkearnssr,

In the past, when this problem has occurred with other users, it has been due to the mouse drivers not being up-to-date.

Does the problem still occur after you install an updated driver specific to your mouse?

In other cases, it could be that the "Hide mouse pointer on keypress" option is not compatible with the mouse driver in use.

Would you check the 'Hide mouse pointer on keypress' option at 'Options/Global Options.../Terminal/Hide mouse pointer on keypress'?

If it is enabled, please disable it and see if the observed behavior changes.

In addition, do you utilize any screen reading software such as Synergy or JAWS?

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
505-332-5730