Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > SecureCRT on the Mac

Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Global windows size and copying to clipboard in SCRT 6.7.3

Hi,

I just purchased the SecureCRT last month. I have some questions regarding some settings.

1. Is there a way to globally set the number of rows and columns for all tab?
I noticed that I have to set the windows/tab size for each tab I open since they have a different settings.

2. I just started to write some blogs and when I copied some text from SecureCRT and pasted it on a notepad, the formatting is not the same as in SCRT. I also tried to paste it on my blog and when I viewed it, it was messy as well and it did not have the box around it.
It used to be like this before when I was using the trial version (see the box wrapped around the rommon>?) How do I setup SCRT to wrap a box to whatever text I copy from it?

Thanks
Old 12-20-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
1. Is there a way to globally set the number of rows and columns for all tab?
If you modify the default session then you will have the option to apply the change to all sessions:
  1. Click the Edit Default Settings button in the General / Default Session category of the Global Options dialog.
  2. Make any desired changes to the Default Session.
  3. Press the OK button
  4. You should be presented with the following warning:
    ---------------------------
    SecureCRT
    Do you want to apply the changes that you made to the Default Session to ALL of your sessions?

WARNING: There is no UNDO for this change.
    Yes No
  5. If you want to make the changes to all existing sessions, press the Yes button.

Quote:
How do I setup SCRT to wrap a box to whatever text I copy from it?
SecureCRT just copies to the clipboard, in plain ASCII. It does not wrap boxes around text. It almost seems like you want to grab portions of the screen and paste that, not paste just text.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 12-20-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
SecureCRT just copies to the clipboard, in plain ASCII. It does not wrap boxes around text. It almost seems like you want to grab portions of the screen and paste that, not paste just text.
Yes, how do I grab the portion of the screen?
I remember that when I copied the text from SCRT (trial version) and pasted it to notepad, the formatting was exactly the same shown in SCRT; and when I pasted it to wordpress, it did have a box wrapped around the text. However, now that I got the full version, I could not do it anymore.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:10 AM

The SecureCRT evaluation version is identical to the licensed version - when you add a license to SecureCRT it does not unlock (or lock) any features or capabilities. Adding a license allows you to use SecureCRT beyond the 30 day evaluation period.

The image you posted before looks like HTML text, with an HTML box around text, and the text is in a different font. There could be a Wordpress feature similar to the "code" tags or "quote" tags in our forums. SecureCRT is not aware of HTML. SecureCRT is not able to put a box around text, or change fonts (say between the variable pitch and monospace fonts in the image you posted). You'll need to determine how that's done in Wordpress. Here are a couple links which describe how to add a box around text in Wordpress: Simple CSS Text Boxes In Posts, Put a box around some text.

As far as things that SecureCRT may eventually be capable of doing, was there anything else besides a box that you're interested in copying (perhaps the color)?
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]