Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 03-13-2019, 04:49 PM

Making the current tab more obvious?

My problem is specific to "Show status indicators as: Background Colors", which is my preferred mode of operation. The problem doesn't exist when set to Icons or Color Rectangles.

If I have 10 tabs open, with similar or identical names, it's *really* hard to tell which one is currently selected and showing at a glance.

Sample:

Yes, there is a different to the angle of the left border, and the text is bold - but neither of those immediately jump out at me - and gets worse on a high resolution monitor, or small laptop. Sometimes I find myself Ctrl-Tabing around just so I can watch the active tab rotate, so I can more easily see which is selected.

Any options I've overlooked or suggestions? If not, perhaps a small feature request? Perhaps a different tint to the background color for the selected tab?

In the meantime I've set it to "Icons" mode which is far more obvious what tab I'm on, but I really do like the "Tab" view and would like to get back to it.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2019, 05:01 PM

Sorry for the bad image link, this one should work:

Old 03-13-2019, 05:07 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi kdmorse,

It sounds like you've already investigated using "Icons", this paired with certain Themes (View > Themes), such as VS2013 Dark, Office 2010 Blue, and Office 2010 Black, seem to provide the best contrast.

I have added your contact information to a feature request to be able to configure the background color used for the active tab. Should this functionality become available in a future version we'll be sure to let you know.

If you prefer to be contacted directly please send an email to Support@VanDyke.com with "Feature Request Forum Post 13446" in the subject line.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730