Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 05-11-2020, 06:12 PM

font size not changing version 8.7

Hi, after upgrading my SecureCRT to version 8.7 my font size is huge and I cannot change it.....please help!

In "Global Options", -Terminal, -Advanced, no options checked..
In "Session Options", -Emulation, "On resize" I've tried all 3 options...

I used to be able to change session zooming with mouse scrollwheel but nothing there either.

I'm running Windows10
Old 05-12-2020, 09:44 AM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hi "RBud",

Can you provide more detailed information about your experience?
  • Which version of SecureCRT were you using prior to upgrading?
  • What specific steps are you taking when you are attempting to change the font size?
  • Which font do you currently have configured?
  • If you close all instances of SecureCRT and launch just one session, are you able to zoom/scale the font while holding down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and scrolling your mouse wheel up?
If it's more helpful for you to provide a video of what you're trying that's not working, feel free to send an email to support@vandyke.com (if there's sensitive information you'd rather not post to a public forum such as this). If you do send an email, please reference in your Subject: Forum Thread #14174.

--Jake
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/vandykesoftware
Email: support@vandyke.com
Web: https://www.vandyke.com/support
Old 05-13-2020, 12:08 PM

font size...

Hi, I'm not sure which version I was using before 8.7. I checked in Properties, under "Previous Versions" but "There are no previous versions available" listed....
As I listed in my original post, in "Global Options", -Terminal, -Advanced, no options checked..(the options are for disabling resizing)
In "Session Options", -Emulation, "On resize" I've tried all 3 options...(Synchronize view to size, Scale the font, & Retain font size)For font, I have tried "VT100" and "Terminal".I have tried closing out and re-opening securecrt. I have also restarted my PC. I am still not able to change font size or zoom in/out with keyboard or mouse wheel.I have also noticed all of my "auto-logins" are gone.

I purchased and started using this software 05/14/2019
Old 05-13-2020, 01:59 PM

font size...

So now it's working somehow....
I went to "Session Options", >Terminal, >Emulation, chose "Retain size and font" (which I have already tried) and now I can change font size and zoom in/out with the mouse wheel.
I'm really hoping I don't have to reconfigure my auto-logins but at least I can view my screen now.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:55 PM

I haven't been able to replicate anything like the behavior you've reported on upgrading SecureCRT, so it will take some digging to get to the bottom of what's happening in your unique circumstances.
  • Retain size and font is an unusual setting to settle on; it is usually only valuable for individuals who set their columns to a very high number (because they don't ever want any lines to wrap), and rely on the horizontal scrollbar (which needs to be enabled in the View menu) to see what is displayed beyond the screen. Such a configuration will likely lead to frustration as the remote system has an understanding of rows and columns that doesn't match your SecureCRT window's visible "viewport" into that remote terminal size. The default value is Synchronize because it will change the number of rows and columns as you resize the SecureCRT window.
    Is Retain size and font really what you want as a setting?

• When you say you upgraded to 8.7, what did that process look like?

• Usually, when you upgrade SecureCRT the configuration is left as-was. I say "usually" because I cannot vouch for custom installers created by organizations and individuals on their own.
    What exact process did you go through when upgrading to version 8.7?

• When you launched SecureCRT version 8.7 for the first time following the upgrade, what notices do you recall seeing?

• The default location for SecureCRT's configuration folder in Windows is %APPDATA\VanDyke\Config...
    Is your configuration folder (check Global Options, Configuration Paths category) set to something other than this default value?

• If you normally launched your older version of SecureCRT from a desktop shortcut, was your desktop shortcut modified to point to a different configuration folder using the /F command line option (I'm asking if you recall ever modifying this -- it wouldn't have been something our default install/config would have done, but some individuals desire to use /F to specifically point to a desired configuration folder; perhaps your upgrade removed the shortcut and replaced it with a new one that no longer has the /F to point to your desired configuration folder).

• When you mention your "auto-logins", are you referring to saved usernames and passwords stored in the "Password" properties found in the SSH2 category, or are you referring to Expect/Send entries found in the Logon Actions category of your session options?

• If you search your entire computer file system for a file named "Global.ini", how many different matches are found? If you found more than one Global.ini file, it means that at least once in the past you've had different configuration folders for SecureCRT, and perhaps one of them is more recent than the other in terms of the configuration you were using with your older version.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:34 PM

Jake, would you be able or have time to do some troubleshooting via a phone call and maybe a TeamViewer session?
I can email you my contact info or more detail of what you're asking for?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBud View Post
Jake, would you be able or have time to do some troubleshooting via a phone call and maybe a TeamViewer session?
I can email you my contact info or more detail of what you're asking for?
Thanks!
Feel free to email me: support@vandyke.com
  • In your email subject, please use: "ATTN: Jake - Forum Thread #14174"
  • In the body of your message, please include your contact info and the details I requested.
--Jake