Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 AM

Pipe Remapped To Tilde

Simple one, I'll assume... Frequently, the pipe "|" remaps to the tilde "~" key when I'm in Cisco devices. Seems like it's the only key that changes. Looking for the cause and fix.

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Hello iorr61,

I'm not sure that's an easy one to solve, from a SecureCRT perspective. Maybe there's an easy fix within the Cisco device. It sounds like the Cisco devices you're connecting to are responding to a pipe by echoing back a tilde. In SecureCRT you could map a key, but you need to know what key to send instead. For example, do you just need to swap the tilde and pipe keys? If so, it's a peculiar fix and I'd think there may be a more satisfactory fix within the device itself.

Are you only getting these results with certain Cisco devices?

Do you get different results if you use a different terminal emulator?

Would you send trace options output to support@vandyke.com with a subject line of Attn Mike forum thread 7040?

To enable trace options output:

First, open SecureCRT's main "File" pull-down menu and select "Trace Options". If you open the "File" pull down menu again you should see a checkmark next to "Trace Options", indicating that troubleshooting output is now enabled.

Next, connect to the remote machine. With trace options enabled, you will notice debugging information displayed in the terminal window that isn't normally there by default when SecureCRT is attempting to establish a connection, and at certain times throughout the lifetime of the connection.

Once the problem occurs, please right-click inside the terminal window and choose "Select All", then right-click again and choose "Copy" to transfer the information to the Windows clipboard.

Finally, open a text editor like 'Notepad', paste the information from the Windows clipboard into the editor program, save it as a text file, then send it as an e-mail attachment.
[http://www.vandyke.com/support]
Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM

Red face Solved

Michael, Thanks for the feedback, but I've solved my problem. I have the UK keyboard enabled on my computer, so when I paste in one of my sessions, I hit ctrl before shift, instead of at the same time, which is a shortcut to rotate between keyboards. The ~ on the UK keyboard layout is the | on the US keyboard. I'd be surprised if no one else has accidentally done the same.

Alan.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM
VanDyke Technical Support

Hello iorr61,

Michael is out of the office today.

We are glad to hear you were able to resolve the keymap issue.

Thanks for posting your solution for other members in the forums.

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM

Thankyou very much iorr61,

I had the same problem.
So I changed my keyboards in Control panel to only use US
and the PIPE went back to being a PIPE again.