Welcome to the VanDyke Software Forums

Join the discussion today!

Go Back   VanDyke Software Forums > General

Old 10-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Word Wrap and Clipping Issues

Good day,

I am having a bizarre and incredibly frustrating issue that I will try to depict below. I cannot share the actual content, but this should give you an idea. Used a pipe (|) to depict the cursor.

How it should look:
Code:
[user@host(hostinfo-1) ~]$ /path/to/script/scriptname argument|
How it does look, wraps back on itself:
Code:
/scriptname argument|fo-1) ~]$ /path/to/script
When I backspace back to the line, the line appears two lines behind the original line and leaves the remnants of the original line:
Code:
[user@host(hostinfo-1) ~]$ /path/to/scrip|

fo-1) ~]$ /path/to/script
I have tried adjusting the Logical Columns, the Emulator, and the Line Wrap... no dice. Using VT100 on Version 8.3.3 (x64 build 1646). Please advise!

Also, twice now I have typed out a thread and when I went to submit it, my session apparently expired and I lost it all and had to start over. Super don't have time to redo stuff... please consider extending your user sessions. Thank you.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:25 PM

Hi mschaafs,

Problems with the cursor overwriting the shell prompt are almost always caused by incorrectly escaped control codes in the remote shell prompt's configuration.

Does this problem occur for you when using other terminal emulators, like putty, to connect to this exact same host as the exact same user account?

If it doesn't occur in putty, it could be solved by changing your emulation in SecureCRT to Xterm, since that is the emulation that putty uses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaafs View Post
Also, twice now I have typed out a thread and when I went to submit it, my session apparently expired and I lost it all and had to start over. Super don't have time to redo stuff... please consider extending your user sessions. Thank you.
How much time elapsed between idle periods?

My associates here say they have never been timed out before even after many hours have gone by while composing a post...

I'm wondering if this is something that is unique to your specific browser/network configuration or if other forum posters have experienced similar issues...

If any in the forum community have experienced sessions "expiring" as mschaafs has, would you please chime in and let us know of your experience?

VanDyke Software
Technical Support
support@vandyke.com
(505) 332-5730

Tags
word wrap